200k double deuce $20 tournement,

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok so i just won a 1200 ftp 9 man sng and i got a ticket into the 200k double deuce $20 tournement,

i think i have to use this ticket and i can not get the 22$ ????

if so, any quick tips for this tournement, it starts in just less then 2 hours and im guessing it will have a strong field
  • 12 replies
    • mechopuh
      mechopuh
      Bronze
      Generally better players, so i think you can 3bet lil bit more often in position. And they are easier to read, so you could bluff more often here than on the lower buyins. All you need to do is watch out and pick the right spots
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Generally if you qualify via a points quali, you would receive the ftp points equivalent back. You would only receive $T on a cash qualifier.

Their tournament ticket system did change recently so not sure if you can unreg this and get $T. I think you would actually get a ticket to use on any $22 tournament, but not 100% sure at the moment as untried.

Re tournament, tight is pretty right. Play solid and wait for hands, pick your spots to steal but only in mid-tournament phase onwards... ABC poker to start with in early phase.

Above is how I play, but I'm not a coach or expert however.

Above all else enjoy it, it's not cost you much so have fun and good luck!

Bart
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      this is my first online poker tournement that would be substantial i know its only 20 $ and people play alot higher but tis a nice experience for me so far there is 4 red pro's ;( ;( ;( :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      98% of the field will be donks
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      gavin smith and all is playing owwwwwwwww ill knock him out get me 20 $
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      im gone in 8725th place im giving up on full tilt all it does is give me cards to my demise in every single tournement ive ever played j :club: 10 :club: in BB flop 10 :heart: ,7 :club: 5 :club: all in what do i do like i have to call fool has A10 and wins and this type of stuff happens every time on full tilt i flop a 2 nut flush or straight and lose so im saying bye bye to full tilt and hello to pokerstars even though people say its worse or just as bad i dont think pokerstars is byasd and picks yano
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      SB i mean
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      im gone in 8725th place im giving up on full tilt all it does is give me cards to my demise in every single tournement ive ever played j :club: 10 :club: in BB flop 10 :heart: ,7 :club: 5 :club: all in what do i do like i have to call fool has A10 and wins and this type of stuff happens every time on full tilt i flop a 2 nut flush or straight and lose so im saying bye bye to full tilt and hello to pokerstars even though people say its worse or just as bad i dont think pokerstars is byasd and picks yano
      If you don't get sucked out on and dont get coolered you win good money, that's how tournaments work
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      ul not get far in tournaments flatting j10 from the BB my friend!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Why not find and post the full hand in the sample hands board pogodon (give me or someone a shout if you need help with converting the hand history into the forum format).

Our experienced hand judges and other members of course will be happy to look at the hand and provide guidance on how they would've played it.

Sometimes in the heat of battle it's easy to overplay or even underplay hands, the judges will help you to get maximum value from certain situations via bet sizing etc which will only go to help you in the long term.
      Equally it gives you massive confidence boost if they agree with your line but you were just plain unlucky (which also happens... a lot).

Don't be disheartened though my friend, this is just 1 of many tournaments that you will play. I had flopped quads beaten in a tournament tonight... to runner runner higher quads although to be fair he had over pair (two pair) on the flop. Sometimes the money goes in and it's then in the lap of the poker gods. I just laughed tbh, nothing else you can do, can't dwell on it as was in other tourneys at the time too. Will post it soon though to check whether I could've done anything better.

Keep your chin up buddy and gl next time.

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Meant to post these links as well as might help.

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      I had flopped quads beaten in a tournament tonight... to runner runner higher quads although to be fair he had over pair (two pair) on the flop. Sometimes the money goes in and it's then in the lap of the poker gods. I just laughed tbh
      :f_o:

Was it the kind of laugh one has as they throw their monitor out the nearest window? :f_p: