my career so far, time to move up to $200nl?

• mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      So far everything has been going pretty well in my first couple of months with pokerstrategy. I have been 6 - 9 tabling 100nl, both 6 max and full ring on party. Since starting I have built a roll of about $6.5k, which would probably be about 9k considering that I have dipped into it a little heh. Currently my winrate is about 5.5bb/100 hands over around 100k hands. My variance has been a little large, particularly playing 6 max. Is there anyone else playing 200nl? Thinking of moving up levels but I'm not sure. Is the jump between 100nl and 200nl difficult? I have played at 200nl and 400nl a little but haven't been able to officially move up, and have taken some beatings at 200nl in the past, which have largely been due to the cards but it still scares me a little. Any advice from anyone?
      Would be appreciated.
      Mashmash
  • 7 replies
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      U really need 9k for 200NL, variance will be way bigger there. U will need to make more thinner calls, and thinner vb's.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      First couple of months and already that high with such a nice winrate, very nice! Keep going!
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi mashmash!

Well done! If you are scared, just mix the limits. If you normally play 6 tables NL100, try one NL200 table and four NL100 tables for example. This way you get used to the new limit. It is normal that you are a bit scared while moving up because the pots are getting bigger and bigger. A winrate of 5.5 PTBB/100 over 100k hands on NL100 is really good. You should be able to beat NL200. Just give it a try.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I am playing NL200 SH , the jump wasnt hard at all , and i was immediately winning after i started playing. I think a bankroll of 6.5-7k is more than enough , depending also on how many tables you play. If you have played 100k hands on NL100 and have a nice winrate anyway , its more than enough to move up experience wise.
      Btw reaching 6.5k in 2.5 months is pretty impressive, you must have been playing nonstop :rolleyes: . Were you playing poker before joining PS?
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I started NL200 with a bankroll of 4.4k, Full Ring. I switched to shorthanded because there weren't a lot of live tables, at least in my opinion, with a bankroll of about 5K. You really shouldn't be concerned with the level of play at NL200SH, especially since you've already proved to be a consistently winning player. I'd say: go for it. Good luck!
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      Thanx heaps for the advice guys. I think I will take the jump now. You guys do mean playing big stack? I have even considered playing ss but i enjoy playing with a full stack. Undercover, yes, I have been playing non stop haha as well as a number of very big tourney wins and places. Before I joined PS i was playing for a few months on stars but I destroyed my roll. I have been playing 6-max a lot lately figuring I will have to learn it to play at 200nl. Just took 10 stacks today at 100nl so I'm confident and feel good to go. Thanx again guys.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi mashmash!

You should have received an email. Did you get it?

Good luck at the (NL200) tables!
      Puschkin81