This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

To flop with pocket pairs

• Nozzu
      Nozzu
      Bronze
      Hi.

I have a (bad)habit to see flop with any pocket pair no mater what is my position(usually tables with 10 players). Ok if there one raise before or after me i call, if there 2 raise i fold.
      If flop is bad i fold and thats all. Usually i loose with this strategy but when flop is good to me and i get triple then i make that money back and even get some extra money. So i think that risk is worth to take?
      What to you think? I know thats no exactly what PHC tells but...

P.S I play fixed micro limits.
  • 1 reply
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You can call small pocketpairs if the table is loose enough. If you know that there are often 4-5 players who see the flop then of course you can call the small pocketpir for 1 bet and play if you hit a set and fold if you don't.

Don't call 2 bets because this is to expensive. (Of couse if one player raises and 4 call him then you can call with a pair as well.)

The same goes with suited conectors because you can win big pots with them as well if you hit a flush or a good straight.

But don't play the big poketpairs in this way. Stay to the SHC and all small pocketpair who aren't listed could be played as explained above.