Turbo SnGs beatable?

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Is it me or turbo sngs dont involve much skill? I played a few 1$ Turbo SnGs on PartyPoker and its just tons and tons of coin flips to win.. its incredible. I dont think I betted once at showdown.. its all preflop action and seems like there is way too much luck involved. Does anyone else feel this way? Can anyone beat them? Its very annoying because there are no 1$ SNGs that are not turbo on PartyPoker.

Thanks!
  • 9 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      just you, and every other fish that doesnt know how to beat them
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      1$ turbo sng are probaly the easiest to win sure you will lose alot due to coin flips not going your way but over all if you can play good poker its easy to make a profit say out of 100
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am myself now a super turbos FR player.
      I already beat 1$ and almost 2$ now. Should play 5$ next week.

Variance is super high but definally beatable :) .

And stats uconnrounder on sharkscope for your answer if it's beatable or not
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      Is it me or turbo sngs dont involve much skill? I played a few 1$ Turbo SnGs on PartyPoker and its just tons and tons of coin flips to win.. its incredible. I dont think I betted once at showdown.. its all preflop action and seems like there is way too much luck involved. Does anyone else feel this way? Can anyone beat them? Its very annoying because there are no 1$ SNGs that are not turbo on PartyPoker.

Thanks!
      recently got my 2nd monitor and started playing 6max turbos on FT with playmoney, 2000 playpoints buyin each.

went from 200 000 to 300 000 in a week, playing sets at a time(yes i know it's playmoney but i'm playing them to get used to the the sets.
    • BubBaLiCi0uS
      BubBaLiCi0uS
      Bronze
      Hi Charmander, i also play the $1turbo SNG's, during the later stage you have to open your range right up & position is key.

Download the PokerStrategy.com learning software for play in the late phase found in the SNG strategy section & the SNG handout, explains starting hands & blind steals etc. I found both these very helpful

Hope this helps & good luck on the tables!

Maybe next time Wasy8 could give a more constructive answer & share some of his extensive wisdom of the game! :s_biggrin:
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello!

SNGs, turbos included, are indeed very beatable, but require a different skillset than other forms of poker.

In SNGs push or fold is a very important element, and as such flips become inevitable. For that reason luck can be a very large factor in the short run.

If you want to have to make decisions on every street and avoid lots of preflop all-ins I recommend you play cash games.

Good luck!
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BubBaLiCi0uS
      Hi Charmander, i also play the $1turbo SNG's, during the later stage you have to open your range right up & position is key.

Download the PokerStrategy.com learning software for play in the late phase found in the SNG strategy section & the SNG handout, explains starting hands & blind steals etc. I found both these very helpful

Hope this helps & good luck on the tables!

Maybe next time Wasy8 could give a more constructive answer & share some of his extensive wisdom of the game! :s_biggrin:

Thanks, I will look into this. :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I had a 12.1% ROI at the $2.25 turbs on FT and a 9% ROI at the $3.40 turbs on stars.

turbos have a lower attainable ROI than normal speed games, but they are obviously beatable. super turbos are also beatable, but the variance is crazy on those if you ask me

the idea of "practicing" with playmoney is flawed. Players do not play the same when they have nothing to lose. you are conning yourself if you believe otherwise. even if it were to be the case. anyone with even a decent grasp of the game is playing cash games/ $ sngs. play money is only full of bad players unless you find out otherwise ( eg you see a big name pro messing around :P )
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      The hardest stage of the party poker $1 SNGs is when you get to the 200/400 blind with about 6 players left, you have to get very lucky to survive this part, because you are lucky to have 5 bbs.