This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 FR, AQo, flopped nutstraight

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 ($16.60)
      MP2 ($51.25)
      MP3 ($63.45)
      CO ($61.05)
      Button ($32.35)
      SB ($50.25) 25/16 60 hands
      BB ($66.85)
      Hero (UTG) ($62.35)
      UTG+1 ($12.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
      Hero bets $1.50, 6 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 10, J, K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $7.50, Hero raises to $15, 1 fold

Total pot: $18.50 | Rake: $0.90

would you call his raise or do something else?
      I wanted to get it in on flop, as any broadway card will kill the action on turn.
  • 3 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hi!

I think just calling the raise is fine - although it would suck if the turn is a face card, you don't really need to protect against anything. Hopefully he will keep up the agresson but if not you can just bet yourself.

I think he is mostly going to have bluffs/weaker made hands here with Ax, and probably won't be able to call your raise.

Also if you are going to raise it up I think you should go with a normal bet size, as when you min-raise you are basically saying I have the nuts please call.

Anyways that is my two cents. Good luck.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      In my opinion just get it in, because A or Q might kill action on turn even more and he will have sets, two pairs or maybe even a Qx that will pay you off.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello oedipa,

However I would prefer to Call there, the board ain't that dangerous and perfect spot to slowplay and let aggressor to bet the turn again and then likely shove. But it ain't a mistake to just get in on flop because with such a raise he is often ready to go broke here what wasn't the case this time but yes, I would likely raise it a bit bigger.

Best regards.