[NL2-NL10] need hand analysis

• levim195
      levim195
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $9.56
      Hero:
      $9.97

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG+1 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) T:heart: , K:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG+1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.15) K:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($3.75) 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $2, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.75

after the second king arrived i thought that the other guys bet was a bluff (conti bet) but then he raised 2 bucks on the river...
      what should i have done?
  • 8 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'd fold the flop already. He's a preflop raiser from UTG+1, so the probably he's got a king is quite realistic.
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      Well i would fold A10s PF always when 9 handed, exept when its folded to me on the button; when I can complete the Small blind or when i get a free play.

A10 is a weak hand 9 handed, especially when someone raises preflop.

So my advice is FOLD preflop, the fact that you didnt fold preflop was a big mistake, even bigger mistake was the call on the flop.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Fold preflop as said already. If you want to know where you're at @ flop, then I would raise bigger & fold to further action. Though you are most likely behind here & even if villain has hand like AJ or AQ, which are pretty much the only hands you're ahead, many will call you with even those hands on this limit because of straight possibility. Postflop calling on flop and folding to 2nd barrel on turn (well, depends a bit how small/big he bets) would be my play if I got into that situation.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      Fold preflop as said already. If you want to know where you're at @ flop, then I would raise bigger & fold to further action. Though you are most likely behind here & even if villain has hand like AJ or AQ, which are pretty much the only hands you're ahead, many will call you with even those hands on this limit because of straight possibility. Postflop calling on flop and folding to 2nd barrel on turn (well, depends a bit how small/big he bets) would be my play if I got into that situation.

exactly.

a preflop call with ATs against a UTG raiser is an absolute NO GO!. Villian raises no lower asses and you are dominated by AK/AQ/AJ.
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      hi peter,

do not know how to pm you.

mein Deutsch ist minimal, but if u want some editing of your english feel free to contact me.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      do you have icq? My number is 177-579-862.

If anybody has problems with my grammar/spelling just become noticeable an I try to correct my paragraphs.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Peter87

exactly.

a preflop call with ATs against a UTG raiser is an absolutly NO GO!. Villian raises no worser asses and you are dominatet by AK/AQ/AJ.
      =)
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Freudian slip :D