This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

fish?

• heb213
      heb213
      Bronze
      I have noticed on party poker that even on NL4 cash games almost every player is using some sort of strategy. Folding the majority of their hands and raising 4 times the big blind when they have a good hand/good position. When the majority of players are using a similar strategy is it still possible to make a profit? Are there any sites where players are actually playing too many hands (or making the mistakes talked about in some of the strategy articles)? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • 7 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      They are making lots of mistakes, you just aren't good enough to notice that. Don't just sit at any random table and table select a bit, that's important even at micros these days.
    • heb213
      heb213
      Bronze
      Thanks, I'll try and select which tables I sit at more carefully.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I've played a bit of NL4 FR on Party. Players suck big time... Just because he follows a chart and some betsizing doesn't mean he's good.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      so many stuff changed in the poker world last 2 years....
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      you can actually make money even with 1 or 2 fish at the table, "crushing 50NL" is a really good video series. You'll make more money off peoples postflop mistakes than preflop too. Often I'll see a table of people with stats that look really good preflop but see them losing stacks in really bad spots
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I also found Partypoker NL4 to be quite frustrating, since I moved to Pokerstars i've had a much better time.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Yeah i've noticed that there are more fishes at nl10 then on NL4 actually. I guess people that are here to gamble don't like to play the micro micro limits. But that still doesn't mean that people on nl4 are any good. Theres a reason they're playing nl4 after all.

Personally i don't like to play FR with a bunch of nits on the table, but on SH table at start if you table select even at nl50 you get at least 1 50+ VPIP fish per table. And in case im playing like 50 hands on specific table an there are just tagish regs on it i just switch tables. Not that its impossible to make money out of them, but in case you have a position of 50vpip fish your going to make 3 times the amount then from a decent reg.