• heb213
      I have noticed on party poker that even on NL4 cash games almost every player is using some sort of strategy. Folding the majority of their hands and raising 4 times the big blind when they have a good hand/good position. When the majority of players are using a similar strategy is it still possible to make a profit? Are there any sites where players are actually playing too many hands (or making the mistakes talked about in some of the strategy articles)? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • 7 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      They are making lots of mistakes, you just aren't good enough to notice that. Don't just sit at any random table and table select a bit, that's important even at micros these days.
    • heb213
      Thanks, I'll try and select which tables I sit at more carefully.
    • EmanuelC16
      I've played a bit of NL4 FR on Party. Players suck big time... Just because he follows a chart and some betsizing doesn't mean he's good.
    • MrPavlos
      so many stuff changed in the poker world last 2 years....
    • bradomurder
      you can actually make money even with 1 or 2 fish at the table, "crushing 50NL" is a really good video series. You'll make more money off peoples postflop mistakes than preflop too. Often I'll see a table of people with stats that look really good preflop but see them losing stacks in really bad spots
    • Wriggers
      I also found Partypoker NL4 to be quite frustrating, since I moved to Pokerstars i've had a much better time.
    • MatejM47
      Yeah i've noticed that there are more fishes at nl10 then on NL4 actually. I guess people that are here to gamble don't like to play the micro micro limits. But that still doesn't mean that people on nl4 are any good. Theres a reason they're playing nl4 after all.

Personally i don't like to play FR with a bunch of nits on the table, but on SH table at start if you table select even at nl50 you get at least 1 50+ VPIP fish per table. And in case im playing like 50 hands on specific table an there are just tagish regs on it i just switch tables. Not that its impossible to make money out of them, but in case you have a position of 50vpip fish your going to make 3 times the amount then from a decent reg.