Odds

• DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Why there is in article odds and pot odds, so confusing formula, if there is an easier way to calculate outs. For example : 8 outs, why should calculate 39:8 and than get mistical ratio 5:1 If there is an easier way, just outs raise with 4 on the flop to get % on the river. 8 x 4 = 32 % and than if dont get the outs un the turn, than 8 x 2 = 16 %
      I think its more simple for new players and even for advanced players than this ratio or maybe not.
  • 4 replies
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      and I dont get it about the pot odds, I'm using magic holdem and for example : if pre-flop pot size is 300 $ and on the flop no one bets or I'm the first to act, how the magic holdem already shows me pot odds. for example 1:8, how he calculates if I dont need to call some bet, if there is no bet.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      It is very simple: Poker is not always a game where you have a big edge. Maybe once in a while 0.3% make the difference between a good call and a fold. You want to use and calculate every tiny edge, so you should know about how to calculate odds in theory.
      Of course - at the table you can most often use the outsx4 or outsx2-version to calculate your winning probability for two or one street.
      By the way: if you got an open ended straight flush draw with K :club: Q :club: on a board of J:club: T :club: 7 :diamond: 7 :heart: against 2 :spade: 2 :heart: you will have 25 outs against your opponent. The formula gives you 50%, but in fact you have 56.8% -that is not a marginal difference!

For programs that show you pot odds: be careful, some poker rooms don't allow you to use those programs. If pot odds are shown then it might be that it assumes that you bring a single bet of one big blind. Otherwise you should consult the handbook of your program or disregard the message.
      hope that helps
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      but in fact how to calculate if bets was only pre flop. and on the flop there is no bets. how than Its calculating. please explane me the formula
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by DominiqueRoyal
      but in fact how to calculate if bets was only pre flop. and on the flop there is no bets. how than Its calculating. please explane me the formula
      I think you asked the same question here: ratio - in order that we don't have our users to answer your question twice I will close this thread. - feel free to ask further questions in the other thread,too.