[NL2-NL10] NL5sh QQ 3bet Ahigh flop

• xero100
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.02) T, A, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.96, MP3 raises to $2.14, Hero calls $1.18.

Turn: ($6.3) 3 (2 players)

River: ($6.3) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.3.
      once I bet flop im comited. its just standart vs that stack size ?
      flop was not that bad because it had draws but moslty its some A hand.
      maybe 3bet less vs that stack size?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja

Is 6xBB his standard oR size? Seems kinda biggish to me. It may be useful to give us some information about his possible hands range. Generally QQ is a strong hand and 3betting is fine, but if he already has rather strong range I don't really mind just calling because we will still be HU and if we 3bet/cbet we are pretty much already all in and that kinda sucks, doesn't it?

I have no idea about opp so I can't say much about his range, but I think we can slow down here and check flop. Ax could be pretty solid part of his range, TT beats us now, so we pretty much hope he could have KQ/JJ/draws he will call here.
      As played when we cbet and he shoves it's a crying call imho, because I think we are beat really often, but he may still have draws and worse hands.

Not sure about this hand tho without any info on opp, so let the pro judge decides what's the best line here.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      Hello xero100,

You need like 29% equity to be profitable in this situation so if you consider him going even broke there with some Tx type of hand then sure, you get the equity easily. Well played.

But otherwise you could easily even consider just Check/Fold there but what could sometimes too weak against some fishy opponents.

Best regards.