alejandrosh
      Bronze
      good for him, bracelets are gay.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      :O why did he decide to quit?
      he only played poker for money and i guess 9 million was enough, wouldnt be enough for me . msybe 20 mil id quit :D :s_cool:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      only if you wear them :s_cool:

Having a WSOP bracelet defo isn't gay
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Love the similar items links at the bottom of the page. G Shock watches, and a Hello Kitty bracelet.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeyH
      Love the similar items links at the bottom of the page. G Shock watches, and a Hello Kitty bracelet.
      do you reckon he would do a swap for a hello kitty bracelet
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

but selling it and giving the money to charity is way better than having a gay bracelet.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze

but selling it and giving the money to charity is way better than having a gay bracelet.
      It's the pride more than anything.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      I definally don't agree with this. Main event bracelet has no value for a poker player, it's the best thing a poker player can archieve. He might regret this.
      I hope he will. Also it's no respect for the othre players that played with him at the main event.

What a moron.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      I definally don't agree with this. Main event bracelet has no value for a poker player, it's the best thing a poker player can archieve. He might regret this.
      I hope he will. Also it's no respect for the othre players that played with him at the main event.

What a moron.
      the bracelet is only to a gift for winning th main event, everybody knows who wins regardless of bracelets, i think the 9 million dollars and the youngest ever main event winner ( at the time) is alot morespecial then a diamond bracelet, sure look at phil hellmuth has giving away 10 of his bracelets, and do you ever see ivey wearing a bracelt

nooooo, poker players care about $$$$$$$$$ man fack bracelets

listen to doyle brunson here man, what would he give up for the main event
      have a guess ????????
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      You don'T get it I think. It's a symbolic that you are the world champion. Do you see Team Canada go sell their hockey gold medals on Ebay?

Do you see Tiger Wood sell his trophies on Ebay?

Do you see Superbowl champion sell their trophy on Ebay?

I could go on like this forever.
      Yes the money is important. But the bracelet has a special meaning. Obviously you don't look like you can understand that.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      You don'T get it I think. It's a symbolic that you are the world champion.
      I don't agree... The vast majority of players play WSOP to win money, not to be a winner. Everyone knows who Peter Eastgate is and being WSOP ME winner will stay with him forever.

Selling this stupid bracelet which is not even respected by some top players (I think it was Antonius who said something "not nice" about it recently) and using those $$$ to help someone is a great decision IMO.

:f_thumbsup: for Eastgate
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      You don'T get it I think. It's a symbolic that you are the world champion. Do you see Team Canada go sell their hockey gold medals on Ebay?

I could go on like this forever.
      Yes the money is important. But the bracelet has a special meaning. Obviously you don't look like you can understand that.
      oh ye i must be to stupid to understand that ok so see as how you giving examples i will to

jose mourinhio wins his first ever champions league medal with a team that would never of thought to get past the group stages and what did he do with his gold medal < he throw it into the crowd,

boxing champions have literaly giving there belts away,

world cup football winners giving there medals away

obviously your to thick to understand that its not about a medal or a belt or bracelet thats just the symbol off winning, do you think if the wsop announced tomoro that they were no longer giving away a bracelet for the main even and just cash do you think that people would specificaly stop playing the main event for that reason, or take any other sport

if the world cup stopped giving gold medals or tropheys to the winners would that stop all 172 coutries competeing, people compete to win muhamed ali was the best boxer he is not remembered for haiving a belt, pele the best footballer he is not remembered for holding a trophy obviously they are wonderful things like a bracelet only shows ostentaciously how your the champion probaly why phil ivey doesnt see the need to wear a bracelet, because every body knows he is the best while phil hellmuth openly shows how many bracelets he has ( egotistcaly ) peter eastgate will always know he has won the wsop do you think he needs a bracelet to remind him
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Maybe he busted his roll :D
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Well pogodon obviously I have my opinion and you have yours. I won't change mine and you won't change yours and it's ok.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Well pogodon obviously I have my opinion and you have yours. I won't change mine and you won't change yours and it's ok.
      i respect that,
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      If it's okay, why say
      Obviously you don't look like you can understand that.
      ?

FWIW Mourihno also threw his first English premiership medal to the crowd as well. :f_biggrin:

Medals are worthless imo.

Americans always amuse me because whenever they win a trophy, they're always handed some RIDICULOUSLY HUGE TROPHY. If you look at British trophies in comparison (the ashes particularly) they are much smaller because the victory means an achievement, not a trophy.

The opinion I get of American trophies is always "my trophy is bigger than yours, therefore it means more". Look at the stupid ice hockey trophy as an example of this...

... compared to the Ashes

• Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      no ebay feedback might put people off bidding :)
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze

I see all of them giving them away to charity if the cause is strong enough actually yes. Would you prefer to see people suffer than donate something you know will sell for a lot of cash and do a considerable amount of good?