[NL2-NL10] 3 Sample hands

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      #1;

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($0.80)
      UTG ($13.30)
      UTG+1 ($3.20)
      MP1 ($4)
      MP2 ($11.25)
      MP3 ($7.80)
      CO ($12.95)
      Hero ($1.85)
      SB ($13.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.7, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.4, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.55 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.55.

Flop: ($4.25) A, 5, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($4.25) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.25) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $4.25

Obviously this one was bad luck but I'm just looking for some verification that I was right to go all in pre-flop.

#2;

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG+1 ($15.80)
      MP1 ($14.50)
      MP2 ($3.65)
      MP3 ($4)
      CO ($10.70)
      Button ($5.90)
      SB ($9.75)
      Hero ($1.90)
      UTG ($13.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 checks, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 7, A, 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.40) J (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.1, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.40

So I flopped 2 pair after a free look at the flop on my BB. But 3 spades with 2 opponents concerned me so I checked until the river. Decided not to call the .10 bet as I put him on a low spade card. I think I should of bet on the flop in retrospect but with 2 players still in and the pot being so small I decided not to.

3;

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($4.30)
      CO ($9.75)
      Button ($6.85)
      SB ($5.05)
      BB ($10.65)
      Hero ($2.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.4, MP2 calls $0.40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 5, 3, 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $0.95

I think this one is pretty straight forward. Is there any situation in which I should be calling him? I had invested $1 in the pot, and had £1.20 left in my stack, I was very close to calling...

/edit
      converted hands as requested
      Uhh the 3rd one messed up and didn't show the action on the flop... not sure why.
  • 7 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      please use a converter next time....

2.20$ in the pot
      you've got 1.15$ left

it's close but i would fold after the reraise, had some bad experiences with AJ. And why was it bad luck for you?? It was a coinflip, nothing more.

Bet Flop! ou've got 2pair!
      I would bet potsize to protect. Even if it's longterm a little bit readable

3. nh
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chiller3k
      please use a converter next time....

2.20$ in the pot
      you've got 1.15$ left

it's close but i would fold after the reraise, had some bad experiences with AJ. And why was it bad luck for you?? It was a coinflip, nothing more.

Bet Flop! ou've got 2pair!
      I would bet potsize to protect. Even if it's longterm a little bit readable

3. nh
      I'm using Full tilt so the PP converter in the downloads section won't work for me. I was gonna use LeggoPoker which i saw someone else using in this forum but it was spitting out some error when i tried to use it, sorry, I'll try again for next time.

Your right #1 was a coinflip, I was referring to the river luck giving the 4card flush on the board, and after I had hit the Ace. I know it's included in the odds don't worry.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      Very often you´re in a coinflip situation here, since players like to do that with medium pocket pairs or even worse hands. Since their is already a lot in the pot, you have the odds here to call the push.

Hand 2.)
      Bet here on the flop, you very often will hold the best hand. Another Ace or weaker two pair might give you action here, as well as a made hand + one card flushdraw.

Hand 3.)
      I´m not seeing the flop action here, but make a normal 2/3 Pot C-Bet and fold against a re-raise. Against a big donkbet I would fold here on that drawless board as well.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Hand 1.)
      Very often you´re in a coinflip situation here, since players like to do that with medium pocket pairs or even worse hands. Since their is already a lot in the pot, you have the odds here to call the push.
      This doesn't really make sense to me.
      In the BEST case, he's got a coinflip.
      In that case an all in would be correct, because there's already money in the Pot.
      BUT against other Hands like AQ/AK/JJ/QQ/KK/AA (and these Hands are not that uncommon) we are a underdog and will loose most of the time.
      Do you really think it's profitable to go all in against his range?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      ~~~ delete plz ~~~
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Even if we give your opponent the range of 22+, plus AQs, KQs, AQo+, KQo, which is very likely possible (even the small pockets). On these limits you will sometimes also see that with hands like AT, KJs etc.

Against the above hand range we are an 2:3 underdog, that means we have an average equity of 40%.

The pot is already $2.35. So if he goes all-in he is putting $1.15 at risk to win $2.35 + $0.45 (the amount his opponnent will call) = $2.80

2.8 : 1.15, so we need 2.4 : 1 to do that profitabel. Thats also 40% equity.

Since on these limits, unknown could do that with some more hands then the above, its a close call. A Fold is not wrong here. I personally would have called on this limit here, unless I have another read.

But you´re right, on higher limits, it would be a fold for me as well. On NL $10 it isn´t, since its more likely a coin flip situation.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Hand 3.)
      I´m not seeing the flop action here, but make a normal 2/3 Pot C-Bet and fold against a re-raise. Against a big donkbet I would fold here on that drawless board as well.[/quote]Thanks, thats exactly what I did but I still felt like I was ahead. Not sure why the converter won't show the action from the flop when it gets folded, seems to be on every hand.