UTG ($52.10)
      Hero ($66.70)
      UTG+2 ($34.55)
      CO ($64.15)
      BTN ($25.50)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $2, UTG+2 calls $2, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $1.50

FLOP ($6.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, UTG+2 folds, BB raises to $13.50, Hero calls $9

TURN ($33.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: A:spade: 8:club:

BB bets $20.50, Hero calls $20.50

RIVER ($74.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: A:spade: 8:club: 6:spade:

BB bets $46.25, Hero calls $30.70 (AI)

Hello!

Villain is 10/8/12.5AF over 305 hands with 25%(sample of 12) check-raise. I found villains check-raise very odd on this board - he is basically representing only 22 or 88, but if he had either of these hands I don't think he would want to chase me out of the pot as he has no need to protect. That considered I think he probably has air or is turning a middle pair-type hand into a bluff.

Do you think I can make such an assumption here, based on the board and the fact that villain is quite aggressive postflop? What do you think about my call call call line? On the turn I figure that I'm either drawing dead or way ahead, so I chose to just call and hope he spews off his stack.

What would you do here? Shove flop/turn or fold even?

Thanks!
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You raised UTg+1 and c-bet into 2 people.
      I doubt that 10/8 is going to make moves that board that you should call him down, so until you have really serious reason to think he is doing that smt like 44 then just b/f flop
      If you put him to bluff then calldown is really only option there, no need relaly to scare him away and let him spew off his chips
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Silver
      Okay, thank you for your answer. I agree that calling down a 10/8 guy probably wasn't the smartest move.

Are you just putting him on sets here mostly? He showed up with AKo, which I didn't even consider at the time. What do you think about his line here?

Thanks again.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler
      Okay, thank you for your answer. I agree that calling down a 10/8 guy probably wasn't the smartest move.

Are you just putting him on sets here mostly? He showed up with AKo, which I didn't even consider at the time. What do you think about his line here?

Thanks again.
      You´re likely folding AK, but that is the only better hand that he can make fold. You´re not calling down AQ or weaker hands, so generally he is just isolating against better hands
      I would lead out/bet/bet to get value the worst Ax hands and maybe sometimes you´re making move to his lead with total air.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well you never have him beat in this spot. The range of a nit like that calling oop is basically AK, maybe AQ and all PP to set mine. I'd probably just fold on the flop in this spot.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Silver
      Hello again, thank you for your reply.

I think I would have folded here easily if the board wasn't so dry. I got so caught up thinking about why he was raising that I ignored the fact that villain is a huge nit, so I agree very much with what you guys are saying.

Do you think he would ever raise up say 99 here? I guess I should just make a good fold against guys like this and save myself a lot of trouble.

Thanks.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I doubt it. You've played Face up AK or AQ and he probably wont expect those hands to fold.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      If u think he is capable of making moves, u can try clicking back his raise and call a jam, I am doing this against aggressive players by default with almost all my range on very dry boards. They just think u cant have anything, so I go ahead and raise. Even regulars raises a lot there and some maniacal players often shove over that. And I think his raise with AK was bad, he is turning AK into bluff there, coz he cant get called by worse ever, only if he thinks he can make u fold AK, then it makes sense.