This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll & poker site

• ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've deposited $300 on william hill and i play the $5 jackpot sit n go's on ipoker. But when i go to enter one a message comes up saying my bankroll isn't big enough. But in the strategy section it sais no more than 2% on each sit n go so i should be fine with. Can anyone help?

Thanks
      Dave
  • 4 replies
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Well, the 2% rule is 2% of your remaining bankroll. Not of what you deposited. Willian Hill don't have a reason to tell you you don't play according to a BRM, so the only remaining possibility I can see is that you are broke. And you can't enter because your balance is < $5.

Anyway, playing the Jackpot SnGs is just a waste of money because you pay twice bigger rake.
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Bank Roll $300
      2% of $300 = $6
      I should be able to play $5 sit n goes but pop up which i think is from pokerstrategy not william hill won't allow me to register for tourney.

I play the jackpot SNG coz its full of fish and you don't have to wait long for games to start. I figure the edge is worth the extra rake.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ockerdoc,

The following is quoted from the William Hill guide.

For Beginners: Automatic Bankroll Protection
      In collaboration with PokerStrategy.com, William Hill offers an automatic bankroll protection for beginners. When starting out with your $50 starting capital, you will only be able to play in the following limits:

* Fixed Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.10/$0.20
      * No Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.05/$0.10
      * Sit and Goes Texas Hold'em: Up to $1 buy-in (not including entry-fee)

Sit and Go heads-up tournaments are not supported, since they are not suitable for beginners and we therefore don't offer a beginners' strategy for this game type.

These measures are consistent with our recommended bankroll management method and will help you get through the introductory phase with a profit. The automatic bankroll protection will either be lifted after you've generated 50$ in rake or tournament fees or after 30 days of actively playing for real money at William Hill.

It will also be lifted when you deposit at least $100 on top of your free $50 starting capital.
      As you've mentioned that you deposited $300, it appears that this protection should no longer apply. I would recommend contacting William Hill's own support team as there may be something else that I'm not aware of. They should be able to help you.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info mate.....it makes sense.....