Bankroll & poker site

• ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've deposited $300 on william hill and i play the $5 jackpot sit n go's on ipoker. But when i go to enter one a message comes up saying my bankroll isn't big enough. But in the strategy section it sais no more than 2% on each sit n go so i should be fine with. Can anyone help?

Thanks
      Dave
  • 4 replies
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Well, the 2% rule is 2% of your remaining bankroll. Not of what you deposited. Willian Hill don't have a reason to tell you you don't play according to a BRM, so the only remaining possibility I can see is that you are broke. And you can't enter because your balance is < $5.

Anyway, playing the Jackpot SnGs is just a waste of money because you pay twice bigger rake.
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Bank Roll $300
      2% of $300 = $6
      I should be able to play $5 sit n goes but pop up which i think is from pokerstrategy not william hill won't allow me to register for tourney.

I play the jackpot SNG coz its full of fish and you don't have to wait long for games to start. I figure the edge is worth the extra rake.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ockerdoc,

The following is quoted from the William Hill guide.

For Beginners: Automatic Bankroll Protection
      In collaboration with PokerStrategy.com, William Hill offers an automatic bankroll protection for beginners. When starting out with your $50 starting capital, you will only be able to play in the following limits:

* Fixed Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.10/$0.20
      * No Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.05/$0.10
      * Sit and Goes Texas Hold'em: Up to $1 buy-in (not including entry-fee)

Sit and Go heads-up tournaments are not supported, since they are not suitable for beginners and we therefore don't offer a beginners' strategy for this game type.

These measures are consistent with our recommended bankroll management method and will help you get through the introductory phase with a profit. The automatic bankroll protection will either be lifted after you've generated 50$ in rake or tournament fees or after 30 days of actively playing for real money at William Hill.

It will also be lifted when you deposit at least $100 on top of your free $50 starting capital.
      As you've mentioned that you deposited $300, it appears that this protection should no longer apply. I would recommend contacting William Hill's own support team as there may be something else that I'm not aware of. They should be able to help you.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info mate.....it makes sense.....