MGR deducted for SNG Madness freeroll participation?

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think this us pretty devious of Full Tilt

I noticed that there was a $10.86 MGR deduction for this month for bonuses on my account. I did not get any bonus in my account and that's a weird number for a bonus anyway.

Thought about it for a while and I suspected it to be the Madness freeroll which i just donked off all my chips in. (had no time to play, something else to do).

The freeroll had a prize of $75,000 and had 6908 participants. What does 75,000 / 6,908 get you? You guessed it $10.86.

Is this standard procedure? You guys know about this? Did they announce it anywhere that I missed?

Would never have played if i knew about it beforehand.
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Edwin,

Any added value with an incurred cost to Full Tilt is deductable against rake. It is afterall only fair that they don't have to pay you rakeback on a tournament which they've already provided you for free. They are just avoiding double-discounting that's all.

The figure you mention is deducted from your net earned rake balance, but the effective cost to you is only 27% of that in lost potential rakeback.

If you look at it another way, it only costs you $2.90 but you had a chance of winning up to (guessing first prize of circa) $30k in a $11 tournament. Good value imo.

Don't get too hung up on rakeback deductions, you're always gaining value at a 1/4 of the cost, a bit like sattying in but always winning the satellite ;) .

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi Edwin,

Any added value with an incurred cost to Full Tilt is deductable against rake.

Bart
      Sure I don't mind it if its been announced. But its disingenuousn if its called a freeroll and you end up having to pay for it, as little as it may be. Like I said, i would have just let the ticket expire if I knew I had to pay for it.

Originally posted by EagleStar88

It is afterall only fair that they don't have to pay you rakeback on a tournament which they've already provided you for free. They are just avoiding double-discounting that's all.

Bart
      I think this statement misrepresents the situation, something like marketing double talk if I may call it that.

There is no double discounting here. I paid the rake when I played the games. They were not paying me extra rakeback when i play in the SNG madness freeroll if my MGR is not deducted

What is in fact happening they are reducing rakeback that I have earned when I participated in the supposedly "free" promotion. I hope the guys who are getting the "free" goodies from the raffle aren't been MGR taxed for those too.

Anyway, i have no problems with the MGR hit, but things like this need to be communicated to the customers. It would have saved me $3. Thanks luckily the prize pool was not $750k, and quite a few people registered. Otherwise it would have been much more expensive for me.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      to be fair it is all explained in details in the Rakeback F AQ