NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.31)
      BB ($20.06)
      UTG ($19.10)
      UTG+1 ($4.31)
      Hero ($23)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero 4:spade: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($3.20) J:spade: 4:club: T:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.40, SB calls $2.40, BB folds, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($8) J:spade: 4:club: T:spade: Q:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

RIVER ($20) J:spade: 4:club: T:spade: Q:diamond: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $13.80 (AI)

I was trying to isolate the guy on my right who was playing 80/30 pre and folding to 70% of cbets so I think the isoraise was fine.

Got called by both blinds, sb is a nit, 14/8 and no 3bets after 80 hands. Postflop AG of 0.5. didn't notice but WTSD 38% (maybe too small sample for that to matter?)

BB looks very solid, 20/17/7 preflop and haven't seen noteworthy mistakes post after 300 hands.

On the flop I sort of hit but I think I much prefer taking a free card here. I'm not sure though, there are worse draws that call and better hands that fold. thoughts?

Turn onwards I get a bit lost, I guess you could give him some combos of sets (don't think he'd 3bet JJ but I'd expect a bet or c/r with sets on this board) ,KJs+,K9s,QJs,JT,AJo+,KJo,QJo maybe some 98,Q9, on the turn which I Have 35-40% against.

If its going all in I need 42% to BE so I don't need a fold very often to make it +EV

At the time I thought river bet was bad (but did it anyway) is he folding enough here to make it ok?

I feel like I've made my analysis look more favourable to my play than the reality of getting in a massive pot against a nit with a not-that-good hand.
  • 5 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Pre is w/e.

Flopbet is good for the reasons you mentioned, both worse hands call and better hands fold.

On the turn I take a free card, most of his draws improved and he won't fold a lot.

As played you obviously have to bet if you want to win the pot, but I doubt that he's going to fold often, so probably giving up is best.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he doesn´t really c/f river too often, so I don´t really like barreling river especially when you have showdown value with your 4-s
      I think barreling turn is fine, I´d only very likely make it 4$-5$. You have pair+flushdraw+oesd, so I don´t mind trying to make him fold smt like T7
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      so I don´t mind trying to make him fold smt like T7

How does nitty sb with 14/8 have T7 here?

Op, I like your play up to turn but I also ch/b since I dont think villain has hands in his range that he calls flop but folds on this turn.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by falcone1983
      Pre is w/e.

Flopbet is good for the reasons you mentioned, both worse hands call and better hands fold.

On the turn I take a free card, most of his draws improved and he won't fold a lot.

As played you obviously have to bet if you want to win the pot, but I doubt that he's going to fold often, so probably giving up is best.
      I think I like this. At the time I thought I was getting a fold but after trying to put in a range he almost never is.

Do you put AA,KK,QQ in his range after no 3bets from 80 hands?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bradomurder,

Preflop: Actually from my opinion, sometimes even isolating with K4s against such a fish who is folding to CBet only 70% of the time ain't enough but as long it's 6max, I wouldn't mind but in long run I would definitely Check on my tracker for such hands and how profitable I would play them.

As played
      Flop: Against such a multiway pot I wouldn't even mind to just Check back and hope for a hit but if you consider that most of the time they wont Check/Raise you here then somehow the CBetting is fine but I doubt that we have that much fold equity there, expect very often at least one to Call there.

As played if flop was CBet
      Turn: I don't like the idea of 2nd barreling here because if he Called in such a multiway pot on flop then he is going to Call the 2nd barrel also, so I would prefer to just Check behind.

As played if turn was 2nd barreled
      River: I usually check on such situations the WTS here if I even consider 3rd barreling here but I very often expect such a nit to go to the showdown anyways so I would likely give it up. I think you can get to fold any kind of draw or weaker PP, not overpair either Jx hand.

Do you put AA,KK,QQ in his range after no 3bets from 80 hands?
      Who knows, they sometimes play so stupidly such hands, QQ can sure be in their range, I have had such opponents who play even QQ very passively in such situations and KK-AA they could just try to overplay you or hope that you are going to CBet with any kind of hand and pay them off, anything can happen and if that did happen then fore sure note him down, good information about him.

Best regards.