Rush Tourneys

• 6 replies
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Lennonac's Rebuild or Quit (free article inside)

this guy wrote an article himself, I haven't played rush MTT's yet, but I think his theories are valid.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Soi Nguyen tourney was a superturbo. a ftops rush tournament will be fast but no way in hell that it only lasts 2 hours.
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      I play them. Rush SnG's are easy to beat. They have 135 entrants and last for about an hour and a half. Rush tourneys are also OK, lot of donkeys but they lust longer around 5-6h. You need to be lucky in the start, but after you can play normal MTT strategy.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gugi19
      I play them. Rush SnG's are easy to beat. They have 135 entrants and last for about an hour and a half. Rush tourneys are also OK, lot of donkeys but they lust longer around 5-6h. You need to be lucky in the start, but after you can play normal MTT strategy.
      +1

At first I found them impossible to beat then realised that I was the one rushing. From way to early on in the tournaments/SNGs I was playing marginal hands, out of position.

Now I play tight in the early phases, loose in the middle phases and on the bubble, very tight at the start of the FT and then extremely loose when we get to final 4/5.

The money is in the top 5 positions and it is amazing how often you can start the final table as the short stack and watch opponents knock themselves out with marginal hands!

In my last 100, 135 man, SNGs I got to FT 10 times and using this strategy finished top four 9 times! :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Always add them to my schedules, the $26 turbs are super soft. Tend to get huge stacks really early and in history they are always the worst players. I usually tend to gamble early and call raises with suited connectors/small pairs as alot of people are nut peddling and implied odds go up massively.

Once a big stack and the field is smaller start taking alot of notes on the bigger stacks, auto-fold clicked in late position etc and try and exploit any leaks they may have.
    • WeedMaster2010
      WeedMaster2010
      Basic
      this is good information, especially with the RUSH WEEKEND ( http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rush-week ) coming up ! I\ve never played Rush Poker myself so every bit of information helps :) Thanks for the tips, and the article was pretty good.