Hero (CO): $55.35
      BTN: $48.95
      SB: $29.43
      BB: $152.70
      UTG: $50.00
      MP: $50.92

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Q :spade: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.00) 2 :heart: 2 :diamond: T :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds

Turn: ($12.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, BTN calls $8

River: ($28.00) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.50, BTN folds

Thoughts on R? Could I bet more? or Shold I even bet? If I dont bet what should I do? ch/c? ch/f?

Bu is Regish player, no sample though
  • 6 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      You river bet looks like a block bet and you don't want to be raised.
      I don't think you should be scared of that river card. I don't see much FD in his range and the only hand the he could call you flop and river that you should be scared of is AT.
      So I would C/C that river to induce some bluff and prevent to be bluffed out by a raise.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      You river bet looks like a block bet and you don't want to be raised.
      I don't think you should be scared of that river card. I don't see much FD in his range and the only hand the he could call you flop and river that you should be scared of is AT.
      So I would C/C that river to induce some bluff and prevent to be bluffed out by a raise.
      When I ch he is gonna chbeh a lot of his hands w showdown value IMo
      _Yes, my bet looks like a blockbet but I make it small so that e can say: I have pot odss so I will call" I dont think that he will raise me here that much though
      if I ch, there isnt many hands that can bluff here so I woudl expect him to chbeh a lot
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      If he hasn't got a hand that beat you he won't call your river bet anyway. So you don't really mind if the river is Check Check. But it gives him the opportunity to bluff you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello THESHade,

The question is either is he going to Bet with smaller PPs there to try to get you out or does he likely Check back it? - Without any stats it's hard to say.

If we don't have such information then you can likely just Bet weakish against him and hope him to have a Tx with he is going to Call. Because with Tx most often I expect him to just Check/Back.

So according the stats you can act either to Check/Call against some opponent from you could even expect to bluff. Against who is more often passive one I would bet weakish for him to make calling easier, even with 88 or something similar beause a passive opponent wont try to bluff out you with 88.

Best regards.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think the bet is fine since you give him good odds he will sometimes call you with any pair he might have, but thas pretty optimistic. Its also pretty optimistic to expect him to turn his pairs into a bluff since he does have some showdown value. So in case hes agro enough you could c/c but overall i think a smallish bet is beter to get a possible call from a T but overall a tough spot to get value form 3streets here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Problem there is that he would check back probably all worse hands on the river and we´re bluffing close 100% at that river card, so I would prefer betting river, maybe very small smt like 5-8$ to induce bluffraise or light calldown