Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán (trying to be capitán... trying) :)

• Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      After lurking around the forum for quite some time, the time has come for me to take the next step and start a blog.
      My name is Vojkan, I live in Skopje, Macedonia. I’m 26 years old and am a major fan of Iron Madien, Bruce Springsteen and Star Trek.

I’ve been a member of PS for over a year now and thanks to this place I’ve improved my game but not to the level of calling myself a winning player.
      The start of my poker carrier is pretty much the same as everyone. Ups, downs, ups, downs, downs, downs, ups… And finnaly after a month play I think I found my right game and I was winning. My graph was steadily going up. That was October 2009.

Here is the graph for the first 2 months.

[img][IMG]https://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6766/till261009.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

In this period I had a lot of time on my hands. I played poker for 4-5 hours a day, devided in two sessions. Morning session and after midnight session. The result of my improved game as shown in the graph was based on few improvements, psychological and game wise. I switched to BSS 6 Max, played ONLY when there were no distractions in the room, started visiting coachings besides reading the articles, regularly read the forums, and posting questionable poker moves at the poker hands section and reading other players hands. I increased my bankroll from 50 to 250+ in a matter of days playing 0.01/0.02 and 0.02/0.04. I was pretty confident that I was on the right track and was planning to switch to 0.05/0.10 within a week or two.

But at the beginning of november 2009 I received a job at the PR department in the opposition party in my country, after the former president of the country (after finishing his term) was reelected as a party leader. I started working from 12 pm to 8 pm everyday and after three years of doing nothing, this job was exhausting for me. Both phisicaly and mentaly ( a lot of creative work was being done) and my poker game was miserable. I was tired all the time but kept playing and my bankroll was devastated.

This is the graph after I started working, you can see the changes. :-)
      [img][IMG]https://img88.imageshack.us/img88/981/fullv.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

After losing for a month I cashed out some amount and leave a small amount of money on my account at Titan, and took a break from playing. I got around it after few months, but without rereading the articles, pacticaly not visiting PS at all and I lost everything. A month ago I received a second starting capital from PS for PartyPoker, and I started to reread the articles and got back on my game, and I was doing fine for sime time. I doubled the bankroll in a matter of days. But I was strict in the game. Played just 2 tables at a time at 0.01/0.02, my range was pretty tight and I found my game. And than I got a little careless. I started playing at work with tons of destractions, I played at home at the same time when my girlfriend, my mother, my dog were all in the same room where I played, and of course lost it all in just 3 or 4 days.
      Then I received 5$ at Titan and managed to get to 45$, and again the same story.

I know what I was doing wrong but still felt that something crucial is missing from my game and I didn’t know what. One night we were talking with my girlfriend about diets (of course) and going to the gym and stuff, and she said “Last year when I was going to the gym I lost 8kg in a week, but it wasn’t just the gym… I was walking by foot more often, I watched out on meals, I didn’t eat at night etc. etc.” I remember her saying… “Remove the gym and do all do things that you’ve mentioned I guarantee you that you’ll lose the 8kg in a week again” and then I said “But I know what you mean… you need the gym so that it can keep you in that mental state of you working out, living healthy and trying to lose weight”. And than it hit me! I needed the gym. I needed something to keep me in that mental state of playing good poker.

I realised that my gym is my blog and that I have to open one as soon as I can. And here I am.

So where am I now? I’m still working in the political party and it’s very exciting times. We are trying to force the government to declare early elections, but the most important thing is that I don’t feel tired after getting back to work as I did at the beggining. I have the energy and creativity to get back on my poker carrier and make it right this time.

What I need to do, after I deposit 50$ (which will be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow):

- Play at 0.01/0.02 on two tables at a time.
      - Play only when there are no distractions in my surroundings.
      - Tighten my range to be at around VPIP19/PFR15
      - Read 10 articles a week
      - Watch 3 videos a week
      - Write updates on the blog once a week, but discuss the game or hands each day if possible.
      - Follow other players blogs and regularly check the poker hands evaluation section, and post there.

My goals by the end of the year
      - Read every silver article on BSS
      - Read all the articles about psychology
      - Get my winnings graph from -100$ to zero
      - When my bankroll reaches 150$ switch to 0.02./0.04

My life long goals
      Have a monthly income as the president of my country, which is about 3.000$. :P

Thanks if anyone is reading this, I can promise you that I’ll do my best to keep this blog interesting. Besides poker updates, you’ll find some personal stuff and a lot of Bruce Sprongsteen songs.

Looking forward to your insights, questions, comments etc.

Live long and prosper. \\//
  • 5 replies
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Let's give this a second try and stick to what I promised in my opening post.

I have few excuses why there is a two month gap between this and my previous post. A lot (workwise) has happened in the meantime and i just couldn't find the time to do this.

Few days after my first post we had to organize a big event in one of the smaller cities in the eastern part of the country, which went great as you can see in this video.

Few days later the government in one of their desparate moments decided to enter in the biggest private TV station here (of course a TV station that is critical towards the government) and started harrassing the reporters, not allowing them to leave or enter the TV station and all kinds of pressures.

And then as a sign of protest we had to organize this...

50000+ angry f***ing people at the streets of the capital city.

Then the owner of the TV station started to criticize the government even more, and two weeks ago he got arrested.

And someone might say that this is Europe in the 21st century. :)

Aside work, i played poker from time to time, not doing my best at the tables, but with cashing in my points and few bonuses I managed to double my bankroll.

I had around 92$ on the 22th of December, and planned to play some more and cash out on the 25th around 50$ to have extra bucks for the new years eve.

In the meantime, my girlfriends computer broke and i had to give her my laptop because she works as a journalist and needed a machine like I needed a straight flush while two of my deepstacked opponents have the flush. One with the Ace and other with the King. :)

It's not like I don't have a life and i just wanted to tell you about my girlfriends computer. Bear with me, it's important to the story.

So here I am 3 days left to play and cash out some amount, and on a fairly good streak, I come home from work to find out that there are only 26 cents on my titan account. My girlfriends idiot brother opened up the laptop saw a Titan Poker shortcut on the desktop, logged in and wasted all the money on blackjack and roullette.

He thought it was something like FaceBook, that there no real money envolved. Arghhh!!! I got furious again just writing about it.

When I lose 10 dollars in a session I am sick for 3 days, but the kid NOOOO, he placed 70 dollars on a single hand on blackjack!!!

Fortunately there were only 90 dollars, it could have been more, much more. You reading this now how much money you have on your accounts right now. When we are at that subject... How much money do you keep on your account? The whole bankroll or the amount needed to play a certain limit?

So I deposited another 50 and am learning and playing.

I managed to improve two of my stats that is VPiP@19 and PFR@14. I still need to increase my agression factor 1,7 to around 4 and decrease the WTSD from 33 to around 20.

Are this good numbers for SH BSS at NL01/02?

P.S. Note to anyone reading this. Don't use the option "remember password". NEVER!!!
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      I don't have the time to read the whole posts now but I love the song quot in the subject. :)
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Epic one my friend! :)

And thanks for stopping buy.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Ok, I think I know have something to write about here. I want to record this past few days so i can turn back from time to time and analyse the game and the progress I've made.

Here is this weeks graph. I hope that this is not a fluke or a lucky run, but a result of an improved game.

And my stats.

As you can see some of my stats are improved, but i still can't manage to increase the AF and decrease WTSD.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some input.

If anyone has read the previous posts here is an update of the situation from a BBC article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12312789

Live long and prosper. \\//
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I had a very good month, and i think i can say that I finally did it. I beat NL 0.01/0.02.

My game has seen some major improvements, but the most important thing is that it is constant. My tilt threshold has come down to minimum, I can't say that I'm immune to consecutive bad beats, but I'm managing them quite good.

Here is the graph for the past 20 days.

And the stats.

My BB/100 for 12.000 hands is 20.02, which I think is very good, and today I managed to set my personal best daily winning which is $31,22 or around 15BI's

Beating my personal best daily winning comes in the right timing because I plan to move up a limit today and this is doing wonders for my moral. I plan to start slow. At the time being I'm multitabling on 3 tables and the idea is to continue with 0.01/0.02 on two tables and the third one on 0.02/0.04 and take it one step at a time. When I'll feel comfortable I'll switch another one and then another one.

For the record I have a good bankroll. That's $127 or almost 30BI for the next limit.

Moving up to NL 0.02/0.04 with: $127.22

P.S. As you can see my AF and WTSD stats have moved in the right direction, but barely. I still have to work on that.

Here is a sweet hand from today. :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.80
      SB:
      $2.10
      BB:
      $8.50
      MP2:
      $1.00
      MP3:
      $2.46
      CO (Hero):
      $4.31

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) T, K, 8 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.6) K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds.

River: ($1.2) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, BB raises to $4.20, Hero calls $1.41.

Final Pot: $9.21.

P.P.S I know it was a risky move to just call the flop, but i had the hunch.