Cam Studio - Vid size

• Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Quick question to those who are familiar with Cam Studio.

I made a video of myself playing 4 tables, which lasts about 50 minutes. I'd like to now upload that somewhere and have it available for download, but the only problem is the video size - it's an astounding 2 GB !!

Quality doesn't really justify the size so my question is, do you happen to know what's the best way to make a video that's quite smaller in size, while the quality is "manageable", i.e. you can still read text (stats) and not see 2x2 inch pixels ?

Thanks in advance.
      T.
  • 4 replies
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      download format factory (google is your friend, think its free)
      and convert the vid to a different format that reduces size, like mp4, mkv and similiar
      try different formats and see which one you are satisfied the most with according to size/quality ratio
    • altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      hey,

i used camtasia a while ago and had the same issues, ok so maybe it's not the same software, but all i could do (besides what sk345di sayd about different formats) was to reduce the frames/sec (quality), but the thing that reduced by far the most of the files size was removing the sound, or better sayd recording without sound. unfortunately i don't think it's much you can do to the videos you already recorded!! you can do what i sayd just to the future recordings. i don't know about your software, that was a feature of camtasia ( to reduce or increase frames/sec).

all in all after doing all that i think i could obtain files below 100 MB!! to a capture that lasted about on hour or more (can't remember wich format).
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      thanks guys - I'll try both :)

Cheers
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      poker videos don't need to be more than 5 frames a second imo. Here at ps.com we use a default of 15 frames a second but thats because we can afford the bandwidth :f_biggrin:

I'm not sure anyone needs to see you clicking the fold button in high definition however. :f_biggrin: