This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cam Studio - Vid size

• Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Quick question to those who are familiar with Cam Studio.

I made a video of myself playing 4 tables, which lasts about 50 minutes. I'd like to now upload that somewhere and have it available for download, but the only problem is the video size - it's an astounding 2 GB !!

Quality doesn't really justify the size so my question is, do you happen to know what's the best way to make a video that's quite smaller in size, while the quality is "manageable", i.e. you can still read text (stats) and not see 2x2 inch pixels ?

Thanks in advance.
      T.
  • 4 replies
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      download format factory (google is your friend, think its free)
      and convert the vid to a different format that reduces size, like mp4, mkv and similiar
      try different formats and see which one you are satisfied the most with according to size/quality ratio
    • altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      hey,

i used camtasia a while ago and had the same issues, ok so maybe it's not the same software, but all i could do (besides what sk345di sayd about different formats) was to reduce the frames/sec (quality), but the thing that reduced by far the most of the files size was removing the sound, or better sayd recording without sound. unfortunately i don't think it's much you can do to the videos you already recorded!! you can do what i sayd just to the future recordings. i don't know about your software, that was a feature of camtasia ( to reduce or increase frames/sec).

all in all after doing all that i think i could obtain files below 100 MB!! to a capture that lasted about on hour or more (can't remember wich format).
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      thanks guys - I'll try both :)

Cheers
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      poker videos don't need to be more than 5 frames a second imo. Here at ps.com we use a default of 15 frames a second but thats because we can afford the bandwidth :f_biggrin:

I'm not sure anyone needs to see you clicking the fold button in high definition however. :f_biggrin: