Your feedback about PokerStrategy.com for 2010

• Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      Another year passed and now is a good opportunity to review the year 2010. Since we are a community, we are curious to hear what you have to say about PokerStrategy.com.

• Did we manage to make our community evolve this year?
      • Did we create added value for you personally?
      • What are you satisfied with?
      • What did you not like?

Help us to get a clear and neutral overview of what you liked and did not like. It helps us to take the right path in 2011 and offer you the best content, service and promotions.

If your recap of 2010 is positive - and only then - we would be happy if you give us your vote since PokerStrategy.com is nominated as the "Best iGaming Community":

http://www.igbaffiliateawards.com/content/vote

PS: If you do not want to make your feedback public, feel free to Email Xantos: lutz@pokerstrategy.com
  • 23 replies
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... NEW YEAR!!!!!!
      I would like to wish everybody happy new year. May luck be with you at 2011. I had awesome new year party, how about you? Did any of you moved to another country to celebrate?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      2010 was great, pokerstrategy improved a ton imo. The only possible way to make 2011 even better is obviously making me Headadmin.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      @NightFrosta:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/jobs/ ;)
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Did we manage to make our community evolve this year?
      Can't say for the whole, year, but I've been here about 4 months now, and it seems to be growing well.

• Did we create added value for you personally?
      Definitely. I started out by thinking I'd give poker a try - bust out with someone else's money. But the articles, charts and, particularly, the help in the forums has seen me beat my bonus and also not go bust yet :f_cool: though it has been quite close :f_p:

• What are you satisfied with?
      The help and professional attitude of the mods and hand judges. Without those peeps (Dawnfall, Firsttsumani and Hannes in particular) I don't think I'd be the losing player I am today :f_biggrin: The articles are also very clear and useful, as are the charts. And I think that the SHC has stopped many of us fish going berserk with a "any card with a picture" type hands and blowing our cash.

• What did you not like?
      The videos are too long. I think I've seen two videos in my entire time here. Mainly because I'd rather read an article or a book that watch a 44min video. Obviously this is my preference.

Also, some really basic quizzes would help. Some of the quizzes labelled "basic" here are for people who know the bronze section inside out. So a basic "maths" quiz, testing for odds and outs would be useful to noobs (or even maths/odds quizzes up to intermediate, because we could all do with a little extra homework!)

Maybe you could also develop your own desktop background that shows odds and outs, or other pieces of info that newbies would appreciate - or do they already exist?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hadi
      @NightFrosta:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/jobs/ ;)

Tried that, they didn't like me much :(
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      Give me a JOB!!!!

Other than that, all are good Ps is the best, i improved so much from this site.

Now i can control my bad beat better than b4 (lose all my 3 months cash game winning in 1 day due to TiLTiNG, that was last 2years)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonduluboy
      Give me a JOB!!!!

Other than that, all are good Ps is the best, i improved so much from this site.

Now i can control my bad beat better than b4 (lose all my 3 months cash game winning in 1 day due to TiLTiNG, that was last 2years)
      Have a look at our Job Page.
      Currently, we have 60 open positions to fill. There might be something for you as well.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Well there are a few things that could change but I can't outline everything it will make your jobs too easy. :)

One thing I will say is BOTD!!!!!!!

We had a wicked thing going with BOTD, slowly we were building good community spirit. I think we were getting 40-60 regulars and it was squashed because it took a little extra effort from everyone.

TOC doesn't count as a community tourney btw

Anyways I'm a pokerstrategy member for life for a reason! Your stuck with me wuahahaha
      :D

:s_mad: :s_grin: :s_biggrin: :s_confused: :s_love: :s_grin: :s_cool: :s_evil:
    • jakoubek
      jakoubek
      Bronze
      Thanks for a good $ 50 bonus at William Hill. Great. J
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      2010 needed more Ribbo imo :f_biggrin:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      2010 needed more BBQ Ribs imo :f_biggrin:
      FYP
    • HeartOfDarkness99
      HeartOfDarkness99
      Basic
      Not very happy , because I did whatever I was said in rules , passed quiz , fill in my informations , send my ID , and I was told that ID check didnt pass trought.

I really dont have any option to deposit and you were my only chance , now when I opened FTP account with you I lost every chance of getting no - deposit bonus. Maybe some other sites would consider that I did everything I was told , but now I am not allowed to open new account on Full Tilt Poker.

I really dont get it , I did everything right and my ID check was declined ? and it was my ID , my informations , everything correct .
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey HeartOfDarkness99,

Please contact our support team and they will get back to you with an answer as to why your account may have been denied for $50 starting capital.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • HeartOfDarkness99
      HeartOfDarkness99
      Basic
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Hey HeartOfDarkness99,

Please contact our support team and they will get back to you with an answer as to why your account may have been denied for $50 starting capital.

Regards,

Kyle.
      but mr. justkyle88 , I dont see any point sending them that beacuse they told that their decision is final and cant be processed again , and I am sure that I didnt broke any rule
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Oh ok, well sorry we cannot help you further with a $50 free starting capital.

Unfortunately we can't disclose any information about the security measures, as that would enable potential fraudsters to circumvent them more easily.

But failing the ID check doesn't mean you can't be part of our community - you can still make use of our and earn StrategyPoints to unlock more educational material smile

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender

One thing I will say is BOTD!!!!!!!

We had a wicked thing going with BOTD, slowly we were building good community spirit. I think we were getting 40-60 regulars and it was squashed because it took a little extra effort from everyone.

TOC doesn't count as a community tourney btw
      I agree with this so much. It was awesome. Also it really opens a chance for newcomers to become a part of the community.

Other than that I think in general the site is still going strong.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      WE NEED BOTD BACK!!!

And personally I think pokerstrategy offers too many freerolls.. Some of the money you guys spend on freerolls would be better spent on other promotions IMO...

Giving the extra 10 strategy points for each day you gain at least 1 strategy point was a great move for both Pokerstrategy and it's members...

The new staking forum was a good addition..

PHzon joining this site is probably the best thing that happened to me personally.. His comments in the sng part of this site are really good and I learn a lot from them.. His videos are also awesome.. And he's helped my game a lot!!!

But yea we really need more SNG videos!!!

Member of the month is also fun and you guys should keep doing that in 2011..

So In 2011 I want BOTD!!, more sng videos and more random promotions :P

Can't remember more things atm... I'll probably post again in this thread..
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      And personally I think pokerstrategy offers too many freerolls.. Some of the money you guys spend on freerolls would be better spent on other promotions IMO...
      I agree with this.
      Also, what's BOTD?
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      I dont like only one thing. Why video is downloading every time I visit video page to read comments?