fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) 4:diamond: Q:spade: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.65) 4:diamond: Q:spade: 4:club: A:club:

BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($1.65) 4:diamond: Q:spade: 4:club: A:club: A:spade:

BB bets $15.25 (AI), Hero ???

vpip: 25, pfr: 21, af: 2.0, 110 hands

I know cbet is possible and should be done but i'm not willing to double barrel this board to get him off pockets, so i decided to give up this time because i think he will call this flop a lot. Only reason to cbet would be to block possibility of him bluffing with worse hand here on turn.

Calling turn when ace hits and river should be easy fold, right?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Flop:
      I would very often just CBet the flop, no point to give it up right there unless the opponent is Calling most of the CBets.

As played
      Turn: Calling here is fine because you will push off a lot of hands he might try to bluff on river again.
      River: As long we have invested only $0.80 I don't think I am going to Fold to such a push, let him just take the money and have the small pot because best what we could get with such a push is split, he could easily have AQ with what knew on flop that you are going to CBet and decided to take Check/Call line. Guess you Called and saw AQ or in best case split? :O

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      I called river yes and at the same moment when i pressed mouse button i knew it was wrong and money i'm pushing in the middle is not worth having split at best. i just took a look on board - oh, fh, snap call. let that be lesson for everyone - don't snap when you don't have to do that. He had 44 and now when looking here i've no doubt i'm beat always by this guy in this spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      I called river yes and at the same moment when i pressed mouse button i knew it was wrong and money i'm pushing in the middle is not worth having split at best. i just took a look on board - oh, fh, snap call. let that be lesson for everyone - don't snap when you don't have to do that. He had 44 and now when looking here i've no doubt i'm beat always by this guy in this spot.
      Yep, that's standard situation, that's why I said fold is more often better here in such situation. I tend to overshove on such situations also sometimes for example when I see people are drawing for the flush and I get my FH on river, I shove and hope them to Call with their flush, it's about the same situation, they would never push there with weaker hands, they just hope you to have the ace.