fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) T:spade: J:heart: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($0.65) T:spade: J:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN raises to $1.40, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.45) T:spade: J:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.60, Hero ???

vpip: 17, pfr: 12, af: 2.3, 38% cbet (8), 141 hands

Not cbetting that flop and then raising turn seems weird and i think there's more bluffs than made hands, because any jack, set and even maybe draw/ would cbet flop and he is never raising tens or draws here. So i call. He bets pretty big on river but it's so blank i can't really fold now, can i?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Preflop: What's his stealing % and Fold to 3Bet? I would very often just 3bet here against aggressive stealer.

As played
      Flop: As we played passively preflop then you can often Check/Fold here and hope him to Check back because of his CBet %, wouldn't really try anything fancy on such flop.
      Turn: Bet/Call is reasonable line here and we still have few outs.
      River: But however here I would more often Check/Fold against so big bet because if you for example look into his stats, he only CBets 38% of the cases, he could be easily playing only fit/fold game also his AF aint' that big either, it's hard to lay down such hands sometimes but I think in bigger runes we save a lot of money against so passive opponents as he is if we fold. What's his WTS and W$SD?

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      Steal 29% (17) from BTN, so he's not opening ATC. Fold to 3bet 0%, but he faced 3bet just once. Against looser stealers i would 3bet for sure but this guy wasn't too crazy.

WTS is 22% (18) and W$SD is 50% (4).

I did call there just because his play didn't make too much sense and he had AK.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      Steal 29% (17) from BTN, so he's not opening ATC. Fold to 3bet 0%, but he faced 3bet just once. Against looser stealers i would 3bet for sure but this guy wasn't too crazy.

WTS is 22% (18) and W$SD is 50% (4).

I did call there just because his play didn't make too much sense and he had AK.
      Yep likely, was what I put him on. I am often trying to find such small places where I could save my money and usually where you really don't know if you are behind or very close to win you can often decide to just Fold against specific opponents.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      yeah, his stats seems just like for the guy who is not insanely bluffing so folding river clearly seems better way to play this. thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      yeah, his stats seems just like for the guy who is not insanely bluffing so folding river clearly seems better way to play this. thanks!
      You are welcome!