NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($21.70)
      BB ($29.67)
      UTG ($25.02)
      Hero ($25.75)
      CO ($26.26)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN raises to $2.25, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.85) 6:diamond: 5:spade: 4:club:

Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $8.50, Hero calls $5.50

TURN ($21.85) 6:diamond: 5:spade: 4:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $14.25 (AI), Hero ???

I hate Jacks but can i fold them here?
      villian is 20/16/inf/5.0 over 61 hands
  • 6 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

hmm.
      He can 3-bet ip quite light.
      So I'd 4-bet/call preflop.
      Problem with calling is, that your hand is face up oop.
      As played: What was your thought process behind your flop donk?
      What do you wanted to achieve?
      Did you have a plan/s if you are getting called/raised?
      If not, just c/r and get it in on this flop.
      As played: Villain most probably has you beat on turn.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      I don't know what stakes and which sites you play, but on Stars/FTP NL25 4bet/calling JJ MP vs BU against TAG'y regs is not going to be profitable.

On the flipside, calling the 3bet doesn't turn your hand as face up as it should (i.e. opponents won't realize how tiny our range is here).

I actually like the flop lead if you don't plan on folding whatever happens.

So snapcall the turn and it's a nice hand.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by falcone1983
      I don't know what stakes and which sites you play, but on Stars/FTP NL25 4bet/calling JJ MP vs BU against TAG'y regs is not going to be profitable.
      Currently I'm playing NL200-600 on PartyPoker.

On the flipside, calling the 3bet doesn't turn your hand as face up as it should (i.e. opponents won't realize how tiny our range is here).
      That's probably true.

I actually like the flop lead if you don't plan on folding whatever happens.
      So snapcall the turn and it's a nice hand.
      Unfortunatey I can't follow your argumentation.
      You say, that it's not profitable to get it in preflop, because you are beat too often by QQ-AA.
      But now you can stack off on a low board where you are potentially beat by even more hands?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      You say, that it's not profitable to get it in preflop, because you are beat too often by QQ-AA.
      But now you can stack off on a low board where you are potentially beat by even more hands?
      Because you're potentially beating even more hands, because you didn't fold them out of opponents range by 4 betting preflop.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

thanks for the explanation.
      That makes perfectly sense of course.

The question for me is just the following:
      Do we fold out more hands pre which we would beat now (77-TT), if we 4-bet pre or
      do we let more hands in his range (44-66, 78s) which beat us now when we just flat pre?
      (Hope my english makes some sort of sense, as I'm not a native speaker.)

I guess this depends a lot of the overall game plan of hero and the table dynamics.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I basically have the same problem playing nl 50 rush. If I 4-bet that spot they won´t really shove TT that often to make 4-bet/call profitable against most opponents, so I also prefer most of the times just call oop and play postflop planning stacking off quite a lot of boards when I have overpair.
      leading out is fine play, and once you get raised I´m not really planing folding, so I think bet/shove there is fine. If you don´t think he is not 3-betting light, then c/c flop and evaluate turn. You don´t have to play for stacks that point, but if you lead small, then your hand isn´t really the strongest, so he can easily try bluffraise smt like A7s