[NL2-NL10] Freeplay NL 50$ 1 hand

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      MP1: ($28.95 in chips)
      Hero: ($9.50 in chips)

OnGame's Room 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) by Hand Converter CG

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , Q:spade: . SB posts a blind of $0.25.
      3 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) Q:club: , J:spade: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets 0.5$, Hero raises to 1$, MP1 raises to 1.5$ , Hero raises to 5$, MP1 raises to 8$, Hero raises to 9$ (all-in), MP1 calls.

Turn: (38.50 BB) 7:club: (2 players)

River: (38.50 BB) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: 38.50 BB

My thoughts were:
      I flop trips with mediocre kicker, which is not hopeless in case the opp. has Qx.
      I don`t have any stats on him, but since I was playing only 3 tables at the moment, I noticed him playing many hands, so I assumed at least he has loose tendencies. So I decided he won`t miss opportunity to bet the flop and went to check rise, hoping to win the pot right there.

He bets $0.50. Here I totally forgot that the pot is unraised pre-flop, so I considered his small bet (which was actually just a bit less than half pot) weary weak and put him on middle pair or naked ace. Considering my new assumptions I decided to min raise his bet and hope for call. However, he min raised my min raise :) Which brought some concerns about the strenght of my hand. But i thought that even if he has Qx my kicker may stand, so i re-raised again.

I have no clue why I did not push all-in here, insted raised to 5$, but anyway after his re-raise to 8$ I felt pot committed and just skiped guessing about what he could possibly had.

After reviewing the hand I came to conclusion that without having any reasonable reads on opponent, the flop scenario should be:
      I bet, he re-raises, I push all-in

But my question is, given the scenario in example hand, should I had any thoughts about folding or calling after he 3-bets flop (assuming random opponent) ?
  • 2 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      When you want to check-raise here, because of your reads, make a normal re-raise to $2 here. Against another raise against that player, I think you can easily go All-In. He could hold an overpair (if he is loose-passive preflop), a Jack, a Draw or a Queen with a weaker kicker.

Another option is to bet yourself and call a re-raise, to go All-In on any Turn, since a Jack or Draw will re-raise you here often as well.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Thanks for quick reply.

I didn`t get the second option.

Another option is to bet yourself and call a re-raise, to go All-In on any Turn, since a Jack or Draw will re-raise you here often as well.

If I bet and he re-raises, whats the point of calling? He will feel committed anyway, so I guess we can push right there...?