[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh Jj Co

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hi. Villain stats 90/1 WTSD 26 71 hands. Donk bet 17% so he is not donk betting much. Well, IMO his donk on the flop bet means full house here almost everytime, might be an ace sometimes. On the turn he shows weakness and I bet to get value from weaker pocket pairs. Since he probably raises QQ KK I think I should be in a very good shape. River looked really ugly card and he shoved but I got 3:1 odds and thought about his range and made a decision to call because I believe ace high should have been folded on turn. Really ecpected to see something like 55-99 and saw QTs :f_eek: Somehow lost 5 stacks in 100 hands so my mind isn't very clear now please help to find out what was wrong me or luck:) Thanks.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed)

BB ($20.72)
      UTG ($32.57)
      MP ($23.60)
      Hero (CO) ($30.69)
      Button ($20.78)
      SB ($23)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
      UTG calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero bets $1, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) 10, 10, 10 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.72, Hero raises $5.44, UTG calls $3.72

Turn: ($13.18) 8 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $9, UTG calls $9

River: ($31.18) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $17.13 (All-In), Hero calls $15.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $61.68
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi,

We will do our best to help you :)

First thing to say is that your stack and villain's stack are quite deep (150bb). So you need to be a little bit more careful about the strength of hand you need to go broke (i.e. invest your whole stack).

However, on the flop there is really only Tx that you need to be worried about and so I think it should be fine to raise to get value from worse pps.

However, once he calls our raise, we need to start being more careful.

This player is not raising any hands preflop, so we have to give him a range of QQ/KK/AA as well as almost any hand with T in it. Therefore although you are ahead of most of the hands in his range, you are behind some of them and you could make a reasonable assumption that he's not going to pay you off with his whole stack with worse hand. For that reason I think checking behind on the turn may be preferable - that way we can keep the pot a manageable size and get to showdown.

River is actually very close. It's hard to imagine villain ever showing up with the worse hand here given that we bet two streets already. If you had checked behind on the turn I would probably plan to call a reasonable bet on the River (maybe up to $9-10 into $13). But since you bet two streets and villain donk shoveS the River I think I just give up here because we basically only beat a bluff.

with vpip of 90, villain can have around 40 combinations of Tx as well as 18 combinations of pps which are higher than ours whereas I doubt villain is calling on turn and shoving river with Ax or pp lower than 99.
      GL
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Tim thanks for your activity of this evening:D It really helps to improve when other players share what they think in situations like this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      loosing 100$ seems quite a lot even at nl 50, so yeah downswings sucks
      I think you played your hand fine on the flop and turn. You should be mostly ahead there, since he would very likely c/min-raise or smt QQ+, but I´d fold river. You sometimes see there Tx, often Ax and I think he doesn´t turn his made hands into bluff and shove smt like 55