This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 64s resteal deep, 50NL SH

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($93.95)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($50)
      CO ($102)
      BTN ($165)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: 4:heart:

fold, CO raises to $1.75, fold, Hero raises to $5.75, fold, CO calls $4

FLOP ($12) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($12) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade:

Hero bets $8, CO calls $8

RIVER ($28) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $18, CO calls $18

Had 50 hands on this guy, he was playing 20/20 preflop, looked fairly solid, I had been fairly quiet so went for a resteal, I think that is between fairly bad and very bad cos its very deep to play this sort of hand OOP

I flopped pretty well and was gonna c/r if he bet. Weird line that I am undecided on.

What would you do on the flop? a cbet is probably std? he's unlikely to raise w/out a set here but I'd have to get it in anyway cos I'm 40% even against sets only.

I think c/r is a line that maximises FE and also allows me to get a free card sometimes.

Turn and river are pretty std
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r is interesting, but with 6 high I would still c-bet to make him fold smt like QJ that has some equity against your hand, but might not c-bet yourself
      Also you´re at quite bad spot when he 3-bets your c/r or shove over it. You can´t really fold but you also don´t get all-in good, so I think either b/c or bet/3-bet if you think player is making moves may be better options
      As you said turn and river are standard
      edit: btw I won´t really 3-bet 64s oop being deep, since I think 2 things would very likely happen, he would call your 3-bet ip quite wide range and you end up being oop with marginal hand or he 4-bets you and you have to fold your hand. Calling imo is a little better option against aggressive opponents that 3-betting