Dealt to Hero 6:heart: 4:heart:

fold, CO raises to $1.75, fold, Hero raises to $5.75, fold, CO calls $4

FLOP ($12) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($12) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade:

Hero bets $8, CO calls $8

RIVER ($28) 8:heart: T:heart: 5:diamond: 7:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $18, CO calls $18

Had 50 hands on this guy, he was playing 20/20 preflop, looked fairly solid, I had been fairly quiet so went for a resteal, I think that is between fairly bad and very bad cos its very deep to play this sort of hand OOP

I flopped pretty well and was gonna c/r if he bet. Weird line that I am undecided on.

What would you do on the flop? a cbet is probably std? he's unlikely to raise w/out a set here but I'd have to get it in anyway cos I'm 40% even against sets only.

I think c/r is a line that maximises FE and also allows me to get a free card sometimes.

Turn and river are pretty std
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r is interesting, but with 6 high I would still c-bet to make him fold smt like QJ that has some equity against your hand, but might not c-bet yourself
      Also you´re at quite bad spot when he 3-bets your c/r or shove over it. You can´t really fold but you also don´t get all-in good, so I think either b/c or bet/3-bet if you think player is making moves may be better options
      As you said turn and river are standard
      edit: btw I won´t really 3-bet 64s oop being deep, since I think 2 things would very likely happen, he would call your 3-bet ip quite wide range and you end up being oop with marginal hand or he 4-bets you and you have to fold your hand. Calling imo is a little better option against aggressive opponents that 3-betting