[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Utg2 Ak

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 6 folds, BB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) Q:spade: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB raises to $0.52, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.11

Should I 4bet him here preflop? On the flop I guess its an easy fold as played right?

• 2 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      4bet/get it in pre if possible, he's playing 52/16 so AK looks super good here.

As played, he's taking a really weird line by check/min raising here on the flop (but notice he min raised pre as well)... in some spots this can be an attempt at a bluff, he's basically clicking it back to you to see how interested in the hand you are...
      bu yeah, i think we have to either fold/shove flop as played... the board is definatly dry enough that we can attempt to steal on the flop, but without initiative it's always going to be tougher... so basically, 4bet/get it in pre, otherwise if your going to let him have initiative, either cbet/fold or check behind is fine, we definatly have showdown value with our AK.
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Preflop: Against such an opponent you could even consider just 3betting and even going broke, it's NL2 so I expect such loose opponents to go broke with pretty wide range. But just Calling ain't that wrong.

As played
      Flop: Against such loose opponents you could easily just Check behind and hope for a hit, I don't really expect such a loose opponent to fold here that often, likely has pretty low fold to CBet as is WTS saying.

Best regards.