multi table

• 4 replies
    • Chenghao
      Its all up to the individual

They multi table in the first place to increase their rate/hr / number of hands played/hr.

They would have played many hands and so their decision making is very optimized and they have very effective management

(e.g. knowing what to do with what hand facing what type of stacks/players in what sort of board texture )

they are probably playing the same type of tables at the same phase .
      ( e.g tourney sng 3+0.3)

They would have a fixed strategy with little or no adaptations.
      (e.g. = typically a TAG/Rock or sLAG strategy)

they would probably need a good mouse , fast comp , good mousepad too. very important : high resolution monitor. most have gfx card that supports dual monitors ( at least). it can be done on single computer too though using aps like multi table manager ahx etc.

they would have a limit for exiting , like playing only 2 sets of Sngs , or playing only for 2 hours to reduce burnout.

they would have software to help them . HUDs like PT3/ HEM with utilities like table ninja

they usually have a preferred seat ( middle left right wherever , so that he know where his at in the table every time and don't need to search for himself )

of course all these are generalizations that individuals can change according to their preferences (e.g. having a fixed strategy that involves adaptations to a particular class of player (like i put him as a TAG and will play according to the tendencies of his class and not to his particular tendency or i will play untill i can't click my mouse etc.)
    • jonnyquest
      I've never 24 tabled but when I was using a beta version of table ninja full tilt it made playing 16 tables easier than playing 4 tables. I was able to effectively play 16 tables on a 15" laptop. With the right software and computer/monitor set up I think 24 tabling would be manageable for SNG and SSS but BSS would be hard to play and maintain a good win rate.
    • HannesZ
      Thank you Chenghao for your very detailed post. :)

You can play 24 tables with only one monitor. For me it is even easier to play on one monitor, because you cascade the tables instead of tiling them.

We also have an article about the introduction to multi-tabling:
      The perfect introduction to multi-tabling

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Wriggers
      I currently can play 18 tables on my laptop with just one monitor. Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad, just required a lot of concentration. I also tile my tables so I can remember what's been going on on each table.