$26.69
      CO:
      $14.27
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $45.50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) A, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, MP3 calls $1.80.

Turn: ($5.95) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, MP3 raises to $17.95, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $5.26
      MP2 (Hero):
      $70.02
      MP3:
      $26.69
      CO:
      $14.27
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $45.50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) A, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, MP3 calls $1.80.

Turn: ($5.95) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, MP3 raises to $17.95, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

I fold because I don't see him calling me on the flop and then raising me on the turn with hands I can beat.I mean if he had A9,A8,99,88 I think he would have raised my flop bet due to the draw heavy board for protection.So why call flop then raise turn?The possible hands that can play this line imo are J10 for a straight draw that hit.AQ that he called with on the flop.then hit top two and decided that his hand was best and that he needed to protect against the various draws.QQ that he decides he was way ahead/waybehind on the flop so he just called and then raised turn for the same reasons as if he had J10.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would personally not fold against unknown
      They can still slowplay flop two pair and now get scared, since board is getting very drawy aor they pick up some combo draw, like QsJs
      Although you see a lot of times JT I think b/c until you´re very sure player has there mostly JT is better option
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      So by not folding top two in this case,I am not making a mistake by betting the turn at all?And what situation would you need to not go broke with top two?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jozata
      So by not folding top two in this case,I am not making a mistake by betting the turn at all?And what situation would you need to not go broke with top two?
      didn´t understand your question. I think you meant to ask if you should bet if you´re going to fold to turn shove. I think turn bet there is fine, he is going to call you down with worse hands and if he is really shoving then you just have to make decision. There are a lot of situations where top two isn´t really good, for example:
      A :diamond: K :diamond: on A :heart: K :heart: Q :heart: 5 :heart: board
      or
      AQ on AQJT board. When player is shoving on that board he is very likely has better hand. But generally answer to your question when top two pair is good: - at that case when player can shove with worse hands and generally it is when board is really drawy, smt like QJ on Q :spade: J :spade: 7 :heart: 5 :heart: . There player can easily have pair+draws that he is shoving to force out better hands
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      I understand.Thanks