This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - K8s blinds battle

• dondiego2000
      dondiego2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: $3.09
      Villain (SB): $1.56
      Hero (BB): $2.93
      UTG: $0.83
      UTG+1: $2.36
      MP: $2.04
      MP+1: $2.76
      LP: $0.70
      CO: $3.73

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 8:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Villain calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.04, 2 players) 2:club: K:heart: 3:spade:
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.28, 2 players) A:heart:
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

River: ($0.84, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB bets $0.84, Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dondiego2000,

Flop: I wouldn't even raise here because of it's just a freeplay pot and we have only a TP.

As played
      Turn: His potsize bet just seems like he wants to build up the pot and likely has us beat, I would often fold here since it's onyl a freeplay pot and I don't want to get fancy with such a hand as I am having.

As played
      River: As you Called on turn, you have to Call with your 2pair type of hand also, but the play ain't good that you picked.

Best regards.
    • dondiego2000
      dondiego2000
      Bronze
      Thanks very much for your feedback Veriz. I played this hand strangely indeed, certainly not the way I should have.

However, I smelt the pot steal, I was certain Villain had no K nor A. He just limped in from SB, whereas he was used to raise any Ax Kx PF. He could have slow played of course but I didn't feel it this way. Moreover, his pot size bet made me think he was trying to push me away, rather than induce me to pay him off.

I thus decided to shove it at the river with my 2 pairs after Villain's bet, and guess what? Despite having only 30¢ left in his stack to put into the pot, Villain folded!

But I agree I took a very aggressive stance on the flop and river and certainly took unnecessary risks.