[NL2-NL10] How to handle Minbets?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Here's some Hand for Berliner regarding my minbet question in the last Sunday coaching SSS NL. I was not sure if handling minbets/minraises as a limper also meant to fill up as BB, but I think so.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $5.67
      BU:
      $10.27
      Hero:
      $1.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 8:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 3:spade: , 5:spade: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds.

Top Pair Top Kicker for me is a Raise even with only an pair of 8.

Turn: ($1.45) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30 (All-In), CO folds.

Overcard on the turn but I#m the aggressor, so I raise.

Any corrections or meanings?

Final Pot: $2.75
  • 3 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh i´m not berliner and i didn´t listen to the coaching either ^^

but i think this should be an easy fold preflop. your hand isn´t strong and likely to be dominated. later you can think about some resteals but without reads, against a CO opener A8o should be an easy fold.

sry if i´m wrong. i haven´t played sss for a long time but i want to start out again :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      agree with frzl - fold pre-flop. and call is the weakest play here, in my opinion. First, you can`t really resteal without stats and when you resteal you reraise of course) besides there is a caller on the button.
      I played around 30k hands on NL 10 and I noticed that in lots of spots min raise from late means premium hand... just because people are afraid to win nothing witk KK even more than to loose everything with KK) and attempt to squize the last cents from the hand. In your exapmple I would play with AQ, if I think opps are weak and I will push pre-flop.

But if he makes a normal rise from CO(4BB) and BU calls - its an automatical push for me with 99+ AQ+ unless the raiser has 1%PFR
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Yeah I have to agree here. Preflop I do not like to call here either. Would it be suited, I would think about it, if I have any reads on my opponent.

But as played postflop, you played it correct.