Hero raises to $0.12, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 2:diamond: 8:spade: 5:club:
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) J:heart:
      BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($1.60, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets $0.80, fold

BB wins $1.50

I think i need to call the river, becouse most of his range is overcards. Am I right about that?
      Also I need some advice about how to play versus opponents who always limps the button, calls most of my button opens and folds only 1/3 of cbets. Do I need to tighten up and just wait for good hands to bet, or I need to be more aggressive?
  • 1 reply
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      As for the hand, you are getting sick good odds to look him up on river, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it, but you need to be good like what, 1 time out of 4 or so. What's his range fuck knows tho, 76/13 doesn't say a thing about his 3betting range or barreling tendencies, but by folding all the time it will be harder for you to find it out. :)

As for how to play against the described players, well, it also depends on his turn tendencies, if he folds a ton on turn then just double barrel a lot. If he does not, then nit it up, make your preflop raise sizing slightly bigger, cbet less often and just value town him to death.

Playing super nit at those stakes is the only way to go anyway since the rake will be raping you hardcore.