This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush - 99 set vs UTG range

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($29.68)
      BB ($29.73)
      UTG ($35.73)
      UTG+1 ($43.47)
      CO ($20.62)
      Hero ($25)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:club:

UTG raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($2) 9:heart: T:diamond: 5:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($6) 9:heart: T:diamond: 5:spade: Q:heart:

UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($18) 9:heart: T:diamond: 5:spade: Q:heart: 6:heart:

UTG bets $27.23 (AI), Hero calls $16.50 (AI)

Villain - 15/8/3AF (14 hands)

so little hands but I think his UTG minr is pocket pairs pretty often.
      So that we somebody isoraises behind, he can still call relatively inexpensively with small to mid TT/JJ pockets that he never wants to fold pre and slowplay/"trap" pre with QQ+

So vs TT it's a shame, cooler, what can you do ...
      Q turn is ugly, but luckily all the other opps folded @flop and I never ever expect him to pot with a gutshot+overs vs 3 opps there so KJ is not of concern even if it was in his UTG range in the first place.

So basically it has to be TT/QQ+

maaaybe 87 :heart: ? Though that shouldn't be in he's range, but realistically we have no sample on villain so who knows.

Anyway vs TT+ range I am slightly ahead so standard?
      Or would you actually consider folding @river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      consider how you played it can´t really fold river. he is shoving all his two pair hands, 55 and maybe also AQ+
      consider he made potsize bet I would likely raise flop and get it all-in before board uglier to his overpairs, also I think turn shove against potsize bet is one option or if you decide to call him down then you can´t really fold to river shove