Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.35) K:diamond: K:spade: A:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.35) K:diamond: K:spade: A:heart: J:spade:

UTG+1 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.35) K:diamond: K:spade: A:heart: J:spade: Q:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1

Villain - 13/13/inf AF/Cbet: 33% (65 hands)

Can we valueraise/fold river ?

Ax/Tx/Kx etc all sorts of stuff ... BUT he does have a tight range so AK/KQ are very likely there so should just be "happy" with a call and cheap showdown?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think JJ is 3-bet against min-raise
      I also don´t mind b/f that flop, since he would very often just c/f his small pp-s and if we check back then he may turn them into bluff and I think you won´t call down his turn and river bets. I would also raise turn for value and also river. if he 3-bets me, then I´m fine folding my boat, but on the board he can easily b/c with trips, Ax or straight
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Vs a looser player would've done so yeah, but I perceived him as pretty nitty ..

So didn't see much point in betting the flop when he checks coz most of the time I expect him to hit this flop pretty hard with his UTG range, even though he probably does open minr his small pockets as well, but since he's nitty and inf aggro so far (coz he plays mostly just premiums) I would expect him to cbet this flop as a bluff with his low PP's and check with monsters. So yeah, him checking the flop makes me cautious since he usually is nothing but aggro.

Dunno, most of the time it works out when I listen to my gut and the gut said that he flopped the nuts ... which he obv did.

But yeah, river I tanked for a long time wanting to valueraise but just felt beat and decided to just call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, I didn´t play this situation and you likely had a better read than mine, so nice play. If you felt he can slowplay monsters then your play is fine