NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.70)
      BB ($17.98)
      UTG ($40.81)
      UTG+1 ($22.96)
      CO ($25.60)
      BTN ($17.25)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BTN calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.25) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

TURN ($12.75) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($12.75) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:diamond:

Hero bets $19.45 (AI), BTN folds

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $12.12

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($47.59)
      UTG ($32.83)
      UTG+1 ($20.19)
      CO ($61.80)
      BTN ($13.60)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.90

FLOP ($5.10) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

TURN ($10.90) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club: Q:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($10.90) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club: Q:heart: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows J:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 18.0%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero shows A:diamond: K:heart:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 82.0%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $10.36

I don't know what the best line would be for these boards ...
      I mean, should I really be c/f all day long AK when the board is bad for cbetting?

Ofc c/c is bad, but at least it shuts people down and makes them more cautious and they don't 2nd barrel that often on such bad boards unless they have a real hand.

Cbetting is also bad, people almost never fold there, they float with all overcards etc they have there in a 3bet pot with position ...

Standard is "cbet or c/f and GTFO" ... but like I said, bad board to cbet ... lets say I do cbet, they ofc peel one street with overs ... I check turn, obv I don't have shit, they float and now I have to fold for sure ...

But instead of cbetting, I let them put in the "cbet" for me and when they see me c/c, they are more likely to check back T as well with pure air hoping to hit river or maybe even AJ/AQ high is good and 2nd barrel their pairs etc.

C/f seems so weak when I know they have overcards most of the time themselves ... c/c is bad too ...

Would the solution be c/r to fold out their unmade hands?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      1) I would just c-bet and give up if get called. c/c is reasonable if you think player is never going to bluff turn, since I think you can´t call him down with A high. Not sure about your river shove. I guess he would fold there worse pp-s or smt like A4, but a lot of times he is going also to bet these hands on the river, so your A high should still be good enough times to go to showdown
      2) Again not the scariest board where to c-bet/fold and if you decide to check there then I think it is c/f. You can´t call any turn card, you´re hoping he has unpaired hand and you AK would win at showdown. He has 6$ left on the turn and would you really going to c/f there AK if he shoves?