This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush - AK OOP on bad boards

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.70)
      BB ($17.98)
      UTG ($40.81)
      UTG+1 ($22.96)
      CO ($25.60)
      BTN ($17.25)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BTN calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.25) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

TURN ($12.75) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($12.75) 2:diamond: T:heart: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:diamond:

Hero bets $19.45 (AI), BTN folds

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $12.12

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($47.59)
      UTG ($32.83)
      UTG+1 ($20.19)
      CO ($61.80)
      BTN ($13.60)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.90

FLOP ($5.10) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

TURN ($10.90) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club: Q:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($10.90) 3:diamond: 6:club: 9:club: Q:heart: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows J:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 18.0%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero shows A:diamond: K:heart:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 82.0%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $10.36

I don't know what the best line would be for these boards ...
      I mean, should I really be c/f all day long AK when the board is bad for cbetting?

Ofc c/c is bad, but at least it shuts people down and makes them more cautious and they don't 2nd barrel that often on such bad boards unless they have a real hand.

Cbetting is also bad, people almost never fold there, they float with all overcards etc they have there in a 3bet pot with position ...

Standard is "cbet or c/f and GTFO" ... but like I said, bad board to cbet ... lets say I do cbet, they ofc peel one street with overs ... I check turn, obv I don't have shit, they float and now I have to fold for sure ...

But instead of cbetting, I let them put in the "cbet" for me and when they see me c/c, they are more likely to check back T as well with pure air hoping to hit river or maybe even AJ/AQ high is good and 2nd barrel their pairs etc.

C/f seems so weak when I know they have overcards most of the time themselves ... c/c is bad too ...

Would the solution be c/r to fold out their unmade hands?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) I would just c-bet and give up if get called. c/c is reasonable if you think player is never going to bluff turn, since I think you can´t call him down with A high. Not sure about your river shove. I guess he would fold there worse pp-s or smt like A4, but a lot of times he is going also to bet these hands on the river, so your A high should still be good enough times to go to showdown
      2) Again not the scariest board where to c-bet/fold and if you decide to check there then I think it is c/f. You can´t call any turn card, you´re hoping he has unpaired hand and you AK would win at showdown. He has 6$ left on the turn and would you really going to c/f there AK if he shoves?