NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.29)
      Hero ($60.90)
      UTG ($25.10)
      UTG+1 ($33.70)
      CO ($24.32)
      BTN ($51.78)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.85, fold, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2.15

FLOP ($6.10) 6:club: 5:club: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $4.40, BTN calls $4.40

TURN ($14.90) 6:club: 5:club: 7:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $10, Hero folds

BTN wins $14.16

Villain - 17/7/Fv3bet: 0%/1.5AF (31 hands)

Standard? Nothing I could've done better? Overbet flop? What if he ships?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25)
      BB ($20.92)
      UTG ($46.87)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($31.84)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) J:heart: Q:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $3.25, BB calls $3.25

TURN ($8) J:heart: Q:club: 4:club: 9:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $16.92 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $7.60

Villain - 33/11/2AF (10 hands)
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      1st hand is ok to ch/f turn. But I marginally prefer bet/folding turn to $9. As well as low pps which have you crushed, villain also has TT/JJ/QQ in his range and its a shame to just give up against them. If we are called on turn, I check river and assume villain checks behind with showdown value and only bets his sets and str8s, when we can safely fold.

2nd hand i raise to 4bb on nl25 as you want to charge the fish for seeing a flop. That way he makes a bigger mistak preflop.

As played, why overbet the flop? When you overbet pot, you are assuming he has a draw already. But sometimes he has 45o and then we want him to call a 3/4-pot sized bet because he says "I has a pair".

If your opponent is going to play so badly as to announce "I have a flush" by shoving his whole stack in on the turn once you check then you can just bet an amount on the flop that charges him properly if he is drawing (i.e. pot or 3/4 pot) and then play perfectly against him when he hits ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1st hand: I think c/f turn is fine
      If he has there TT-QQ I think both turn and river is going to be c/c quite a lot of times, so he is very likely only betting with made hands or maybe draws. You can b/f turn and then c/f, but being deep I thinkb he may still call once with draws and then decide to bluff river. So just c/f turn is also fine option
      2nd hand: folding to overbet shove is fine, since he usually has there flush, but don´t like overbetting flop. I think usual betsize oop to 1.25$ would give your more options to the turn and river play
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      My reasoning for an overbet: BvB they don't fold anything literally, so any Qx/Jx is calling (4x unlikely) and it's super drawy as well and they would draw vs a normal bet there in position all day long.

So overbetting = gets maximum value (Qx/Jx doesn't fold) and max protection vs draws.

Or is overbetting bad for this exact reason? That they never fold anyway so in case they do hit their draw, I have already made the pot so big and it's a shame to just c/f when the ugly card falls ?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Or is overbetting bad for this exact reason? That they never fold anyway so in case they do hit their draw,

No, if you knew for 100% certain they were drawing to a 9 out flush, and that they never fold any draw on the flop no matter how big the bet, then obv best play is to overbet (indeed overbet shove) the flop.

But you cant assume he has a draw on the flop - you have to give him a range - and overbetting only gets value against a certain player with a certain hand.

E.g. if you overbet shove every overpair on a drawy flop, you just get called by villain when he has a set. ;)