This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - AKo oop vs good reg, 220bb deep

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($105)
      Hero ($110)
      UTG ($133)
      UTG+1 ($267)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($50.10)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $1.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.25

FLOP ($3.75) 5:heart: 7:club: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7.75) 5:heart: 7:club: 8:diamond: K:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($17.75) 5:heart: 7:club: 8:diamond: K:heart: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12

villain is an good reg and there is some history (bluff and rebluff etc) between us: 24/21/2 wts 34, 1.0k hs. EP open raise 17%.

We could 3b pre, planning on folding to a 4b. But villain is capable of 4b folding so that may not be ideal since I dont want to find out whether he is bluffing by 5b AKo for 200bb.

Flop is close and actually a fold maybe best - but we are often still ahead so I dont mind a call. Turn looks good for us. Is it too nitty to just call down here or is raising dangerous oop?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he won´t call us worse hands if we´re going to c/r that turn or river card, so calldown is fine
      I personally think flop is c/f. he is going to barrel that board very often with a lot of turn cards and you can´t call him down with A high
      If you want you can always lead flop yourself and then bet 3 streets on that turn card, but board seems to be quite coordinated, so I think just c/f is likely the best option