How to induce calls? Full Tilt Pro did it.

• sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      On Full tilt, i played on a table with this FT pro Matt Sexton, .1/.2 NL. I went in with a dollar, and was extremely patient, my peak was around 1.45, because everytime i hit something and bet, or even bet small everyone folds like their grandma just died...

BUT, everytime this Matt Sexton guy bet, and bet he did BIG, pot sized, oversized..., they were calling like crazy. He started with 2.79 when i sat down, and left with 7.80 or $8 or something, i was amazed. I mean in one hour he made more in say 100 hands then i did in 1000 so far. He actually went up till 7, came down to 3.50 and slowly went back to 8. Also, he was as tight as me if not more, he was betting with two pairs and sets the whole time.

Anyway, it was so frustrating, i reduced my standards of hands, and lost a little money over all in the session buy w/e, just need to know how the heck this guy could induce such calls.I figured they thought i was a rock, and they basically admitted it, so when i try to bluff them the same way, somehow they would call lol.
  • 5 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      He's full tilt pro,everyone wants action from it.Remember,loads of fish are there for action,not playing profitable :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Yeah fish just want to 'bust him' so they can say they 'bust a pro'!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      And if he's getting paid off with 2 pair and sets etc, why reduce your standards? If it's good enough for a pro at that level......
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      lmao i had a big set against him, with trip jacks, so i was value betting him for money, he bet on the flop i raised he called, then on the turn he checked so i thought i check too, and then the Queen came LOL.

Basically i thought i was so far ahead, and so unsuspecting, i didnt pay attention there was a huge ace high straight draw on the board because i thought i was on lockdown. So i check the turn and lo and behold there was a queen, and i just realized i made a mistake giving him the free card haha, i thought i trap him, but if i realized a straight draw i would have protected my hand.

Flop: K, 10, 3 - he bet with his pair of 10, i call with Jacks.
      Turn - J : he checks i check.
      River: Q : i bet he raises i call, and as soon as i see i was like F*** i just f**ked up lol.

Not a huge pot, but i made a mistake i usually dont lol. haha i told him i had the bragging rights flag out and waving he lol'ed in return.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      No need for funky lines at micros anyway. That pro won't be expecting funky lines like that @ these stakes. Just bet big when you have it and smaller when you don't!.