This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] overpair+FD in 3B pot

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - €0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: €72.15
      Hero (CO): €59.03
      BTN: €50.00 VP:25/PR:13 (8 hands)
      SB: €62.52
      BB: €17.36 VP:53//PR:27 (130 hands)
      SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to €1.50, BTN raises to €4.50, fold, BB calls €4.00, Hero calls €3.00

Flop: (€13.75, 3 players) 3:club: 8:club: 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets €9.00, fold, Hero calls €9.00

Turn: (€31.75, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (€31.75, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets €10.00, fold

I think it is pretty much standart.
      One question though: lets say the turn is 2h what should I do? I think I would have C/C again
  • 3 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      I dont expect him to barrel 2x much here though ...and if he will his bet will IMO be polarized cause he may jsut go for a potcontroll w overpairs or stuff w showdownvalue and bet semi-bluffs or strong hands only cause u guys have no history w each other
    • SnakeDerick
      SnakeDerick
      Bronze
      Check-folding turn such as 2h is way too weak, as he's prolly gonna have a lot high single suit cards in his 3bet range against which you got a decent equity.

Don't like your river donk, though, what are you gonna expect him to call you off with? As presuming reasonable 3bet range there are not many sc-combos as you block the jack and table 8 and 5 of clubs, KK/QQ wont call after the ace, maybe Ax will give a crying call given the odds. But still, your donk at river, atleast for me, looks really weak thin value bet with TT/JJ with a club as betting so small you're not expecting fold equity and given previous action of the hand (raise-call pf, check-call flop, check turn)

Not sure whether that's a case with 50NL, but on more aggressive games ppl you are giving ppl a spot to bluff you off the hand. And also, with e.g. AK/AQ with a club he might check back the turn with a flush time to time, raising your donk at river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since it is co vs bu I would 4-bet there JJ planning to call a shove, also it helps that BB has put some money in the pot and very likely you would be heads up his quite wide range. Postflop I´d c/r to 20$ and shove any turn card, since your overpair might be that good and he would shove with high flushdraws or if you´re behind against overpair then very often have 11 outs to improve your hand. Also if turn is blank then you´re pot committed anyway to the pot, since he may shove there higher flushdraws.
      I would also lead out river, since I don´t expect smt like T or smaller club to bet theirself on the river, but they might easily call your river bet and if he shoves I´d call, since I´d expect player a lot of times keep betting with Q or K high flushes