Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: €72.15
      Hero (CO): €59.03
      BTN: €50.00 VP:25/PR:13 (8 hands)
      SB: €62.52
      BB: €17.36 VP:53//PR:27 (130 hands)
      SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to €1.50, BTN raises to €4.50, fold, BB calls €4.00, Hero calls €3.00

Flop: (€13.75, 3 players) 3:club: 8:club: 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets €9.00, fold, Hero calls €9.00

Turn: (€31.75, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (€31.75, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets €10.00, fold

I think it is pretty much standart.
      One question though: lets say the turn is 2h what should I do? I think I would have C/C again
  • 3 replies
    • THESHade
      I dont expect him to barrel 2x much here though ...and if he will his bet will IMO be polarized cause he may jsut go for a potcontroll w overpairs or stuff w showdownvalue and bet semi-bluffs or strong hands only cause u guys have no history w each other
    • SnakeDerick
      Check-folding turn such as 2h is way too weak, as he's prolly gonna have a lot high single suit cards in his 3bet range against which you got a decent equity.

Don't like your river donk, though, what are you gonna expect him to call you off with? As presuming reasonable 3bet range there are not many sc-combos as you block the jack and table 8 and 5 of clubs, KK/QQ wont call after the ace, maybe Ax will give a crying call given the odds. But still, your donk at river, atleast for me, looks really weak thin value bet with TT/JJ with a club as betting so small you're not expecting fold equity and given previous action of the hand (raise-call pf, check-call flop, check turn)

Not sure whether that's a case with 50NL, but on more aggressive games ppl you are giving ppl a spot to bluff you off the hand. And also, with e.g. AK/AQ with a club he might check back the turn with a flush time to time, raising your donk at river.
    • Kaitz20
      since it is co vs bu I would 4-bet there JJ planning to call a shove, also it helps that BB has put some money in the pot and very likely you would be heads up his quite wide range. Postflop I´d c/r to 20$ and shove any turn card, since your overpair might be that good and he would shove with high flushdraws or if you´re behind against overpair then very often have 11 outs to improve your hand. Also if turn is blank then you´re pot committed anyway to the pot, since he may shove there higher flushdraws.
      I would also lead out river, since I don´t expect smt like T or smaller club to bet theirself on the river, but they might easily call your river bet and if he shoves I´d call, since I´d expect player a lot of times keep betting with Q or K high flushes