UTG: $33.69
      MP: $50.75
      CO: $60.43
      BTN: $52.88 VP:19/PR:15
      Hero (SB): $57.03
      BB: $49.25

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:club: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $8.50, fold, fold, BTN calls $6.25

Flop: ($18.00, 2 players) 2:spade: 7:heart: 8:heart:
      Hero bets $10.50, BTN raises to $27.00, fold

Flop B/F ok?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dublimax,

Since it's a 3bet pot and CBet would cost a lot for us and he often does have here in such situations PPs I would just perfer to Check/Fold on such flop, unless I have some other reads that he might able to Call such 3bets also with a lot weaker hands.

Best regards.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Thanks for answering. I'm a little bit confused with such a hand.
      I played similar one here: [SH] Blinds battle AK in SB 4B pot

and Kaitz the other judge recommended bet fold on the flop.

Is there any chance to get a more detailed analysis on how to play this?

Thanks.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Forgot to thick the "advise the judge of taking another look at this thread"
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since Veriz is right now busy commenting nl 10 I also take a look about that hand :)
      Against 19/15 I think c-bet is generally fine. Board is a littlebit coordinated, but you still have AK, which means A and K are very often good on the turn and he is very likely not attacking that board without strong draw, overpairs or sets. And since it is SB vs BU I think he may also flat smt like AQ/AJ, KQ, maybe KJs, KTs, that should all be folding to your c-bet, but might take a stab if you check this flop. And if he calls once with 55/66 I think you very often get two free cards since I doubt he is going to betting these hands on the turn if it is smt like T, J, Q
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Hi Veriz,

Thanks for answering. I'm a little bit confused with such a hand.
      I played similar one here: [SH] Blinds battle AK in SB 4B pot

and Kaitz the other judge recommended bet fold on the flop.

Is there any chance to get a more detailed analysis on how to play this?

Thanks.
      I would add to Kaitz20 analyze that if you think yourself how many combos are there what Call your 4x 3bet? I would often put a lot of PPs into that, maybe also some KQs, AQ+ hands. Often I'd have here Fold to 3Bet stat, that would a lot help us to understand with what kind of range could he be calling, also hands sample size and of how many times is the Fold to 3Bet. But of course CBetting on such boards sometimes takes affect against unknown but more often against some passive opponents just I don't see them folding any kind of PP on such board what's often the case and I see myself in long run losing a lot money with such CBets against such opponents who are passive on Calling preflop.