Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.00, 2 players) T:club: A:heart: K:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.00, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($10.00, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $10.00, BB raises to $20.00, Hero calls $10.00

I think the CBet is ok on this board. I expected him to bet if he had a Q so I went for a value bet on the river. Should I fold to his river raise?
  • 2 replies
    • SnakeDerick
      SnakeDerick
      Bronze
      For me his line looks like a Q: if he wanted to bluff you out of the hand I see him betting the turn pretty often (also sometimes with Q) by checking back he's saying he has sd value: either the straight and wants to give you a shot to rep it on the river (as you did) or he has something like a pair of aces he called your flop bet with.

Bet-folding river should be ok to get value from e.g. 2 pair types of hands. To bet-calling to be +EV we require him to turn his made hands (e.g. the pair of aces) to bluffs instead of folding them or calling your value bet, as we see him never call the flop with nothing, then check back the turn and raise your river bet with air.

If the fish is super agressive on river (+35% atleast i'd say), you could also try to check-call the river as double check being good inducer for the guy to turn his made hand into a bluff just for the reason you look weak and he likes betting.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you pot river and he min-raise, then it is usually Qx, since don´t expect him to min-raise there with two pair or turn his one pair hands into bluffs.
      But I think you can also bet river smaller to 7$ and maybe then call min-raise getting a lot better odds and your hand doesn´t seem that strong then :)
      c/c river is also one option, although I think betting yourself you usually gain more, since with two pair he is usually going to bet smt like 2-4$