The AA question

• 24 replies
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Satellite situations, double or nothing/mtt bubble situations. (less likely in mtt)
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Tournament: 100 000 people, 500 places paid: there are 520 players remaining, someone pushes u allin and u dont want to risk - so if u wanna be sure u place in the money and dont lose on 520. place. (it can be profitable, but u wanna be sure that u place in the money)

or same situation in tournament paid by same prize from 1. to 500. place (same tournament ticket), with normal stack u can just fold till u win on 500. place

other situation: 3 people remaining, 2 places paid, both oppoennt pushes allin and u are last o act, with 50 chips at BB=30 and average stack is 1500
      =u have almost no chance to win with so small sack, but if u fold, they maybe beats themselves and u place in the money
    • Tominho89
      Tominho89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scscpoker
      Tournament: 100 000 people, 500 places paid: there are 520 players remaining, someone pushes u allin and u dont want to risk - so if u wanna be sure u place in the money and dont lose on 520. place. (it can be profitable, but u wanna be sure that u place in the money)
      This is just stupid. You play to win, not to score min-cash and you get the chips in when you are miles ahead.
      Correct situation would be - ~bubble pariod - You're on BB, utg opens, mp reraise, SB shoves, utg shoves, mp shoves. With 4 to see showdown you can find a fold if you really want. For example - with 3 players holding underpairs to your AA, you're just a little over 50% to win.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Please don't listen to those guys and go folding aces all day long lol. There is no way in hell you can fold AA in an MTT ever period.

The only spot to fold AA is in double or nothing tournaments where you have a nice stack and are sure to get in top 5 and it doesn't matter if your 1st of 5th since the payout.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      double or nothing / satelite bubble when you have a stack big enough to always fold into the money OR some retarded spots in sng that never happen ... like first hand in a 9 player sng you are BB and 8 players go all in , but that will never happen so who cares.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Am i the only one who would never fold aces preflop? :f_confused:
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      maybe if it was my life savings then...

but i dont have any life savings yet so im set haha/
    • gatisr86
      gatisr86
      Bronze
      only once i've folded AA
      cash game 6handed 0.05/0.10$
      3 persons before me went all in and i had to put all my 17$ to continue
      so i folded cause vs 3 ppl one pair might not hold up
      what turns out one guy was holding AK, other KK, and 3d person had TT
      the guy who had TT hit his set on turn and took the pot
      and i saved my 17 bucks :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gatisr86
      only once i've folded AA
      Lol... just lol.. yes, your hand might not hold up... aces arent guaranteed to hold up, whether you are up against one or seven opponents. You're just result oriented. If the flop came AKT you'd be kicking yourself, but when it came Txx you feel like genius.
      Folding aces preflop is just beyond nitty.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Tominho89
      This is just stupid. You play to win, not to score min-cash and you get the chips in when you are miles ahead.
      Correct situation would be - ~bubble pariod - You're on BB, utg opens, mp reraise, SB shoves, utg shoves, mp shoves. With 4 to see showdown you can find a fold if you really want. For example - with 3 players holding underpairs to your AA, you're just a little over 50% to win.
      this is just a few times stupider
    • gatisr86
      gatisr86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      only once i've folded AA
      Lol... just lol.. yes, your hand might not hold up... aces arent guaranteed to hold up, whether you are up against one or seven opponents. You're just result oriented. If the flop came AKT you'd be kicking yourself, but when it came Txx you feel like genius.

Oh well, it seems you havn't lost as many times as i have with AA. AA is most scary hand i could have. I ussualy win very small pot or i loose the maximum so i play this hand very cautiosly.
      I have even put up a spreadsheet with 264 AA hands tracked so far, and the results are - 62.80% win, and 37.20% lost.
      But the money i have lost with these 37.20% is higher then winnings.

However lately i play this hand more carefully and soon the earnings should go up.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      only once i've folded AA
      Such a genius ...
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      only once i've folded AA
      Great, so after this topic and this post I'm never going all in pf against 2+ opp..:)
    • Tominho89
      Tominho89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Can you explain why? I just stated pure logic. Never I insisted on folding aces or oposit.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      "I have even put up a spreadsheet with 264 AA hands tracked so far, and the results are - 62.80% win, and 37.20% lost.
      But the money i have lost with these 37.20% is higher then winnings."

assuming you are happy with how you played the aces for the losing occasions, then your stats and losses give you a justifiable reason for disliking them...aces produce very different scenarios depending on the level of stakes you are playing,and whilst a higher stakes player may be appalled at the thought of folding them he is forgetting how "very different" things are at the micro cash level where 3 way all ins are just as likely as 2,and add to that the fact that on a higher stakes table you will most likely be called only by hands that you have crushed(ak,qq etc) whereas you will have to deal with many live cards against you on micro as you will often be called by a couple of players holding the likes of qj and 78 and these hands "combined" are often ace killers.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      this one is simple...

NEVER FOLD ACES PRE FLOP!

/thread
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      this one is simple...

NEVER FOLD ACES PRE FLOP!

/thread
      unless ofc you know villan is going to hit a set

then it is fine
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      this.

Can we be serious for one minute guys. If you can't give good advice, don't give it? Why fill this kid up with bullshit?

Why would you ever fold in that spot described above, your post contradicts itself so badly I want to rip my hair out and scream, you say you play to win yet you fold getting 4:1 on your money when you need 1:1 to breakeven. Who gives a fuck that your on the bubble when first will pay such a massive amount more than mincash. Btw the tournament you describe is so terribly structured that I can't even begin to explain the prize difference properly.

The ONLY time, you can possibly fold AA is, as previously stated, in a tournament where you are on the bubble with a good stack and mincash is the only cash, so 1st-x place all pays the same. Other than that you are never ever folding. And even in this spot there are many times when you can call because knocking the player out is +EV.

Don't ever consider folding in a tournament just because the pot is multiway allin, rly rly fuckin dumb. Same for the situation that the guy described @ cash, fucking most retarded move ive ever seen.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      only once i've folded AA

Oh well, it seems you havn't lost as many times as i have with AA. AA is most scary hand i could have. I ussualy win very small pot or i loose the maximum so i play this hand very cautiosly.
      I have even put up a spreadsheet with 264 AA hands tracked so far, and the results are - 62.80% win, and 37.20% lost.
      But the money i have lost with these 37.20% is higher then winnings.

However lately i play this hand more carefully and soon the earnings should go up.
      264 hands is no sample size.. i'll tell you a similar example. You have AK on the button, raise and big blind calls. Flop is QJT ranbow, he check-raises you allin. You're sure he has a set. What do you do? He fills up 35% of the time, which is similar to the number you claim to lose with aces! You're folding, right?:f_cool: