This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Nut flush on paired board

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Is it ever right to fold the nut flush on a paired board.
      I had the feeling something was going on a few times whenever I had the best flush, I couldn't lay them down only to stumble upon villain's damn full house.
      Is there anyone here who can lay them easily, even on lower limits ?
  • 3 replies
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Is it ever right to fold the nut flush on a paired board.
      I had the feeling something was going on a few times whenever I had the best flush, I couldn't lay them down only to stumble upon villain's damn full house.
      Is there anyone here who can lay them easily, even on lower limits ?
      There's no mechanical rules for when you should fold. You'd need a solid read on your opponent.

For example say your opponent is a solid player. The board and action so far clearly suggests to him that you have a flush but he has bet strongly regardless. You may also develop reads that your opponent min raises on the flop with a set etc.

Against an unknown opponent it's a different matter. Don't be making heroic lay downs.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'm 6 tabling without PokerAceHUD, so no real trustworthy reads except the few hands I noticed him.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

Your decision depends a lot on the situation. You cannot say in general: fold or call. Please post the specific hand in the sample hand board. That should make it easier to give you an advice.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81