Nut flush on paired board

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Is it ever right to fold the nut flush on a paired board.
      I had the feeling something was going on a few times whenever I had the best flush, I couldn't lay them down only to stumble upon villain's damn full house.
      Is there anyone here who can lay them easily, even on lower limits ?
  • 3 replies
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Is it ever right to fold the nut flush on a paired board.
      I had the feeling something was going on a few times whenever I had the best flush, I couldn't lay them down only to stumble upon villain's damn full house.
      Is there anyone here who can lay them easily, even on lower limits ?
      There's no mechanical rules for when you should fold. You'd need a solid read on your opponent.

For example say your opponent is a solid player. The board and action so far clearly suggests to him that you have a flush but he has bet strongly regardless. You may also develop reads that your opponent min raises on the flop with a set etc.

Against an unknown opponent it's a different matter. Don't be making heroic lay downs.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'm 6 tabling without PokerAceHUD, so no real trustworthy reads except the few hands I noticed him.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

Your decision depends a lot on the situation. You cannot say in general: fold or call. Please post the specific hand in the sample hand board. That should make it easier to give you an advice.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81