[NL2-NL10] Poker classics - nut flush on paired board

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Hi. Is the river raise ok? I know that the board is paired and he could have a full house, but calling seems kinda weak here.

MicroGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $4.82
      Hero (BTN): $5.67
      SB: $6.31

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has T:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34, 2 players) 5:diamond: 6:club: 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.46, 2 players) 4:club:
      BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

River: ($1.94, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.96, Hero raises to $2.24, BB raises to $3.86 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.62

BB shows 5:club: 5:heart: (Full House, Fives full of Sixes) (PreFlop 50%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks T:diamond: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 50%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      BB wins $9.56
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fuzzyfish,

Against what kind of opponent are we playing against? With what could be be raising the flop? For example some passive opponent would only raise there with 6x so you often have to take into consideration that, he could have the trips there and if we wanting to draw against that. You could easily consider even just Bet/Fold on flop since we get raised and could be already drawing dead.

As played
      We decided to Call for flush so likely I am just shipping over his bet on river and likely hope him to only have trips/straight/weaker flush.

Best regards.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

opponent wasn't a very good player, he limped about 30% of the time, he's agression factor was medium-low, 1,2 or so, I guess. I put him on 6-trash or maybe an overpair. I didn't really consider folding on the flop and the possibility of drawing dead, but thats an interesting idea. When he made a small turn bet I thought maybe he's on a draw himself, bad players often make small bets when on a draw. Now I realize that by my call on the flop he correctly put me on a draw and didn't want to scare me off the pot.

Thanks for the advice.