This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SB 44 (odds question)

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.2
      MP1:
      $0.54
      MP3:
      $3.75
      BU:
      $0.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 4:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.11, BB folds, MP1 raises to $0.54 (All-In), MP3 folds, BU calls $0.42, Hero folds.

Flop: ($1.26) Q:heart: , J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      Turn: ($1.26) 6:club:
      River: ($1.26) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a flush, king high (Kd Qd)
      BU shows (Ts Td)

MP1 wins with a flush, king high (Kd Qd)

This is more a question of how I would go about calculating if I have the right odds to call this. I tried working it out and got as far as I trying to work out if the chances of hitting a set were enough to call this (I though they could have any higher pair or AJ+ etc.

Thanks, hope its not too long trying to explain the odds stuff. But would really appreciate a detailed response as I have already read a few articles on this and don't fully get it :(
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Actually those odds we can Call more often implied odds and they are calculated and hopefully I did understand correctly that you asked if you can Call the 3bet since you can't Call the 4bet but the calculation goes like this:

[It's the amount in the pot (without your call) + villain's remaining effective stack] : the amount to call

Example: (0,23 + 0,81) : 0,11 = 1,04 : 0,11 = 9,46:1.

Your odds to hit the set on the flop are 7,5:1.

Therefore we can say that the Call was correct as the result that you will get his stack postflop.

Best regards.