CO ($7.51)
      Hero ($4.92)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.36) 9:club: T:club: 3:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.08, Hero folds, SB calls $0.08

SB: 58/6/1,2
      BB 50/9/2,9

I fold because this is multiway pot. They can have something or they can have good chances to improve. Raise as a bluff will not work also most of the time.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I like your line, it's hard to get people to fold on such flop in multiwy pot, you could take stab if you were IP and they would Check to you but in this case it's safer just to Check/Fold against such loose opponents.

Best regards.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I think fold is bad here.U in position on both players, he bets very small amount ,pot odds about 5:1 and board is wet so many draws can miss on other streets.I think you have to call flop and reevaluate on turn.For example if turn A,K +non spade and they both check or he bets small amount you can bet more than half pot and try to take down.And against vpip 50 88 can still have showdown value.
      GL
      :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dallievas
      I think fold is bad here.U in position on both players, he bets very small amount ,pot odds about 5:1 and board is wet so many draws can miss on other streets.I think you have to call flop and reevaluate on turn.For example if turn A,K +non spade and they both check or he bets small amount you can bet more than half pot and try to take down.And against vpip 50 88 can still have showdown value.
      GL
      The point is that the opponent has pretty small stack, so if you want to play against him then just raise it up. But of course you could Call there and reevaluate turn but I don't just see why I should try to overplay against small stack opponent, usually such small stackers don't donk out with really weaker hand since they are trying to keep their money.

We could just put ourself into uckward situation, for exampel an 7 comes on turn and then he decided to bet near pot, we could start thinking that oh, we could Call there, we have a straight draw and so on, to avoid such spots it's just safer to fold.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      sorry missed stack size, u right as always.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dallievas
      sorry missed stack size, u right as always.
      Nah, I wouldn't say that, sometimes can happen misreads and stuff and it's good that people write feedback, even if I write something wrong then I will try to explain it why I did it and maybe even change my mind so we could come to the right evaluation. :) Such spots sometimes are where are calculations included and 1st I don't use calculations and after the review I try to calculate and I find some mistakes. :P Nobody is perfect.