Poker tracker equity

• Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Is there an option to analyze the equity of my hands, when my opponent hand was known ?
      I would like to know, if im completely on wrong track ( of course there are flows in my game ). So it would be good to know, that my fair share of losing/winnings came from luck, or bad decisions.
      As im writing this, im getting to a more clear question. Is there a way to analyze the luck factor on larger samples, not manually with hand by hand analysis, to tell wheather the winnings / losings came from luck, or came from the fact, that my hands were lets say stronger preflop, on the flop, on turn, etc. ?
  • 13 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Utahmar!

If you want to analyze the equity of your hands, you can do it with our cost-free software tool "Equilator". You can download it here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Yes thank you, but that one is for one by one. I was to find out az easy - lazy way, i guess there is none than.
      Thank you again
    • Unam
      Unam
      http://www.pokerevsoftware.com/
      I think this is what you are looking for, but I haven't tested it.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hmm, according to that program, if there was no luck involved, I'd be two thirds of my bankroll richer by now ...
      Am I unlucky or is this programm still a little off ;)
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      nahh this program should be ok.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Interesting program. Isn't there a guide for it to find leaks in your game?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Well, if your EV adjusted winnings don't go down, I presume your game is pretty. On my graph, at worst I see my EV graph levelling out for a short stretch, but never dropping, so if this program is trustworthy, I presume my game's pretty solid.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      EV adjusted winnings, means Sklansky bucks ? My luck graph evens out. So i guess i got what i deserve in that part. At game analysis graph my total winning went down to where it should be, -144BB, Sklansky, and showdown winnings are up in the sky P, luck evens out. Im leaking somewhere. I posted elsewhere, but i put it in here also, i hope nobody take as a spam.

Playing at Full Tilt, SSS, on 9 player max tables, not unusual 8 players ( 1 sit out )

In the last 20k hands ( although 8k from NL25, 12k from NL50 ).

Played hands by SSS chart , not in the blinds : +658.6$
      Played hands by SSS chart, in the blinds : +227$
      My deviance P, NOT SSS hands NOT in the blinds : -1.8$ ... eheh

Not SSS hands played / folded from blinds : -1010.9$
      Raise not SSS from blinds, im up 41$ ....

So its my freeplay checks/folds are -1052$.

Im up a bit in NL25 ( 4 buyins ), down deep in NL50.

I'm really up to improve my game, i think im doing something quite wrong ( as the luck graph evens out) ...
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Well, it only looks at showdowns, there's still a slight possibility you played it right but got coolered a lot.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Bet/Equity graph shows, i underbet preflop ( bet is 900$, EV is 1200$ ), on flop slightly underbet , like 450 / 470, turn is equal, river is equal.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i don't really get the mechanics of how this program works.

Utahmar you mention that you underbet preflop and you underbet flop.. is this suggesting there is a "correct" bet you should put out each time?

I don't believe how this could work. as an sng player, i change gears (very often) and when i'm playing loose/aggressive for example, i will bet my monsters just as large as i bet my air just so that opponents can (and often do) fall into the traps... and when i'm playing tight/aggressive, i will bet far larger preflop and on the flop for a similar effect: to get them to PAY for trying to draw out on my monsters.

i fail to see how a program, unless very very very advanced with billions of scenarios inputted into the database can account for such variations.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      It counts only hands with showdown, meaning, when your opponent hands are known. It comperes your hand to his hand, and gives equity, than it puts your bet, and your equity near each other. If they are the same, it means you bet the right amount. It averages out, so its ok, when you play lose/tigh, under/overbet sometime. If your bets above your equity, it should mean you are losing, or you are bluffing a lot, underbets means you are losing, because you can get enough money in the pot you would deserve by your hands ....
      By this program, and i think on long run yes, the correct bet is your equity on long run. But i may be wrong. Maybe a little overbet by bluffs is better.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Problem with the program is... it should calculate your equity against all other hands not only against the hand your opponent has....
      My worst hand for example is when I'm holding the nutflush and getting cracked by quads queens.... I'm overbetting every street off course but it's far from bad play...