$10,3
      Hero:
      $11,4
      CO:
      $10
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, CO calls $0,30, BU calls $0,30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,05) A:diamond: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,68, CO calls $0,68, BU folds.

Turn: ($2,41) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,5, CO raises to $3,00, Hero calls $1,50.

River: ($8,41) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6,02 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $8,41

I dont know... i dont think he's value shoving AJ or something like that..
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What do we know about the opponent(s)? Different player types play very differently in these spots.

If he is a multitabling reg at 10nl than a fold is fine as he only raises flushes there. However keep in mind that because you have the Ah there are fewer combos of flush draws available (given that he calls you from the CO). You are looking at KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, JT, T9 perhaps.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Oh, i turned the stats of i see.. here with stats:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10
      BB:
      $20,46
      MP2:
      $10,3
      Hero:
      $11,4
      CO:
      $10
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, CO calls $0,30, BU calls $0,30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,05) A:diamond: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,68, CO calls $0,68, BU folds.

Turn: ($2,41) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,5, CO raises to $3,00, Hero calls $1,50.

River: ($8,41) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6,02 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $8,41

I just want to add that i dont have a hud, so i cant see these stats while i play. So frankly i had no idea who he is when the hand was being played.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If I'm reading that correct he is 17/12 over 100 hands(and a very passive one at that). That makes him a nit which gives him a flush there almost always. I'd fold river as well.

Now back to what's more relevant. You said you don't use stats but do you try to build up reads on your opponents? Or do you not take into account opponent type when making your decisions?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alficor1,

If it's possible to use stats for the game then why don't you do that? That helps a lot to recognize against what kind of opponent we are and help us make the decisions much easier either to fold, either he is a maniac and we can push or what so ever.

Turn: Bet/Call is pretty reasonable against such a passive opponent, we getting great odds for a Call and sometimes he might even slow down on river and give us a free showdown and our Ace might be good.
      River: Check/Fold very often, such an opponent doesn't shove with weaker hand in such situation, he very likely has you beat.

Best regards.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well i have only the basic version of elephant so i cant use the hud. :(
      Yes, i try to take notes on players (on their range, what kind of hands they are opening with; how much of donks are they).. but since i play 4 tables 6max its not really easy for me to keep an eye on everyone..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Well i have only the basic version of elephant so i cant use the hud. :(
      Yes, i try to take notes on players (on their range, what kind of hands they are opening with; how much of donks are they).. but since i play 4 tables 6max its not really easy for me to keep an eye on everyone..
      4 tables should be doable to write down the notes (at least some notes), how far are ya from 1k points for Elephant?

Also making noting easier you could make short tags for example F = Flop, cR = Check/Raise and etc.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      My pokerstars account isnt tracked by Pokerstrategy, so i'll probably never reach the 1k points.. but i plan to withdraw some money from my acc and buy HEM.
      Thanks for the tip, mate.;) I always make way too long notes like "Just called with set on draw heavy board".