This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH KJs preflop against maniac

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.42)
      BB ($16.69)
      UTG ($0.80)
      Hero ($5.10)
      CO ($4.81)
      BTN ($10.32)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BTN raises to $0.28, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.76, BTN raises to $1.24, Hero raises to $5.10 (AI), fold

Hero shows K:heart: J:heart:

Hero wins $2.54

84/74/10.7 3bet preflop 53, fold to 4bet 45, fold to cbet 83

He folds to 4bet often, so I tried to semibluff. If he calls I still can cbet.
      But he min 5-bet, and it looks weak because he 5bet so small. So I tried to push.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Against such a maniac/very loose preflop Caller I'd still look for a bit better hand, he could still Call you with hand like A5o or whatsoever against what you are behind.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      So when I see such guy at the table, then fold every hand except TT+, AK and try to go allin preflop? And call smal pocket pairs for set value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      So when I see such guy at the table, then fold every hand except TT+, AK and try to go allin preflop? And call smal pocket pairs for set value.
      Not every hand but however I would take lot of hands from my stealing range. KJs would be playable but I wouldn't go all-in with it. And also try to have positon over him, for example he would be on SB and minraised you then you can easily Call him and play postflop, I mean Call the $0.12 of course.