This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK flop raise

• nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.72)
      BB ($9.43)
      UTG ($6.04)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($13.75)
      BTN ($17.08)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, BB calls $0.80, UTG calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.75) 2:diamond: 9:club: 5:club:

BB checks, UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, UTG calls $1.20

TURN ($5.95) 2:diamond: 9:club: 5:club: A:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($5.95) 2:diamond: 9:club: 5:club: A:heart: 9:diamond:

UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

vpip: 25, pfr: 21, af: 7.7, 112 hands

raise more flop and pretty lost on later streets when A hits.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Yeah, raise it bigger on flop, you could even consider raising it like ~$3. Otherwise taking pot control line is fine. But if your raise on flop would be bigger then you could likely even consider just shoving on turn.

Best regards.
    • dudiloiu
      dudiloiu
      Bronze
      But saying u make it bigger on flop, if u shove when A turn comes u think villain will call w/ worse than Ax type of hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dudiloiu
      But saying u make it bigger on flop, if u shove when A turn comes u think villain will call w/ worse than Ax type of hand?
      We weren't talking about shoving the flop rather just making the raise bigger. On t urn we are taking pot control line as you saw and Calling his min-bet, we didn't shove on turn. Since the opponent has a pretty small stack you could also raise it to like $2.50 but $1.60 is way too weak.
    • dudiloiu
      dudiloiu
      Bronze
      Sorry I didn't look at his stack size.
      You are doing a great job, I learn a lot everyday from your comments on the hands .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dudiloiu
      Sorry I didn't look at his stack size.
      You are doing a great job, I learn a lot everyday from your comments on the hands .
      Thanks for the feedkback, I am really glad to hear feedback from anyone, at least I see that I am doing some kind of good job. :)